"Nord Cape near Honningsvåg" Honningsvåg by Toshioohsako

Honningsvåg Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 172 photos

Nort-most of Eurasian Continent - end of the world

I finally found my camera chip which contains my trip with friends to North Cape, Norway in 2004. The north-most point of the Eurasian Continent. The group flew to Kiruna and drove a rental car through Tromso, Alta and other Norwegian towns. We drove 1.700km to North Cape. It was a very adventurous trip i have ever taken. We came back through Finland visiting Lap villages. As VT does not yet recognize Norwegian Nord Cape, I used the nearest town Honningvåg as a reference to this to "end of the world" trip.

It was such an excitement when reach this north-most point of the Eurasian continent. Usually it is very windy here but on the day we came here it was a very calm and nice day. We were very lucky.

Wild beauty!

Have I ever seen such wonderful wild beauty before? Never! You will see this kind of unspoiled landscape all the time.

Eye-absorbing beauty!

Driving along this kind of landscape is really great. Its a feeling of driving through the heaven!

• Pros:wild and nice, end of the Continent, natural and moving
  • Cons:difficult to reach, weather unpredictable
  • In a nutshell:A heaven
  • Last visit to Honningsvåg: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 2, 2010

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2008 at 12:13 AM

Hi, nice to youve been here as well well travelled man!I was here 2 years ago when the place was still a deep freeze - but still beautiful (Nord Kapp I think my page is under)

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 1:07 AM

Toshio, you should come to Iceland, our whole country looks like this :)

Toshioohsako

“The horizon of travel expands indefinitely”

Badges & Stats in Honningsvåg

Have you been to Honningsvåg?

Latest Activity in Honningsvåg