"Molde" Top 5 Page for this destination Molde by Toshioohsako
Molde Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 127 photos
I flew for an hour from Oslo to come to Molde-a heavenly place characterized by the natural beauty with the snow-covered mountains, the deep-Atlantic ocean and the unpredictable climate. I like the combination of the sea´and mountains. I also like the changeable weather which gives me opportunities to take many different pictures-sun, rain or snow.
I could not imagine that this beautiful city was bombarded and destroyed nearly 70 year's ago by invaders. 92% of the city houses were demolished. The Royal family fled to Molde and the Government was temporary seated in this city. The Royal family in the midst of bombardment, fled to the forest of a hill of Molde (see new things to do "King's Birch Tree").
I took this photo from my hotel balcony in the evening. How would the weather like tomorrow? That was my thought at that moment.
Norway suffered a lot during the last war and people's aspiration for peace has been real and very strong. The Nobel Prize for Peace is awarded in Oslo every year. As people experienced the pain of war, it seems to me Norwegians' desire to contribute to peace has been so deeply rooted in the heart of the people.
Frm Varden's peak (407m) you can see a superb panorama view of Molde city, harbor and snow-covered mountains. It is one... more travel advice
Molde was badly bombarded in 1940 by invaders. The King and Crown Princess and Government members were evacuated from... more travel advice
Toshioohsako's Related Pages
Molde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home sweet home...."
- "Small town, jazz, literature & hiking"
- "Town og Jazz and Roses"
- "Norwegian Coastal Voyage Part 2"
- "Molde, town of roses, jazz and spectacular views"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Molde
- Hotels in Molde
- Transportation in Molde
- Restaurants in Molde
- Shopping in Molde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Molde
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Molde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Molde
Photos in MoldeSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Mino Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troms Region Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Trapani Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Miyajima Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos