"Molde" Top 5 Page for this destination Molde by Toshioohsako

Molde Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 127 photos

Ferry, mountain and sea

I flew for an hour from Oslo to come to Molde-a heavenly place characterized by the natural beauty with the snow-covered mountains, the deep-Atlantic ocean and the unpredictable climate. I like the combination of the sea´and mountains. I also like the changeable weather which gives me opportunities to take many different pictures-sun, rain or snow.

I could not imagine that this beautiful city was bombarded and destroyed nearly 70 year's ago by invaders. 92% of the city houses were demolished. The Royal family fled to Molde and the Government was temporary seated in this city. The Royal family in the midst of bombardment, fled to the forest of a hill of Molde (see new things to do "King's Birch Tree").

Molde 8 pm

I took this photo from my hotel balcony in the evening. How would the weather like tomorrow? That was my thought at that moment.

Norway suffered a lot during the last war and people's aspiration for peace has been real and very strong. The Nobel Prize for Peace is awarded in Oslo every year. As people experienced the pain of war, it seems to me Norwegians' desire to contribute to peace has been so deeply rooted in the heart of the people.

Rose, blue sea and mountains

The town is small and quiet. But the ferry trafic is rather heavy. You never miss seeing ferries sailing smoothly in different directions. People are not stressed and you often see people of all ages are talking on various corners of the town.

• Last visit to Molde: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2008

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I guess Molde has something to do with whales. Today I received a postcard from Molde and realized such a city existed. There are whale pics on the card! Anyway, have a nice evening, Pinar

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 12:44 PM

I really like your intro photo!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Like your tips, it is always lovely taking a virtual tour with you. Regína

Toshioohsako

“The horizon of travel expands indefinitely”

Badges & Stats in Molde