"Summer in Oslo" Oslo by Toshioohsako

Oslo Travel Guide: 2,985 reviews and 7,245 photos

Oslo harbor

This is my fourth visit to Oslo but I could visit several places which I have never had enough time to spend. I came here 3 times in winter because my conferences and business have taken place in the cold season.

I had a full two-day free days to see the harbor from boat, visit Viking Museum, Frongnerparken, ski jump in Holmenkollbakken. I could not visit museums but I will next time. It was particularly delightful to have re-united with some former colleagues and chatted with them over lunch in Hard rock Cafe restaurant.

The city was full of sunshine and the Oslo bay was ever so pleasant and restful.

A view from Kon-Tiki Museum

I took a cruise boat and came to this area which is just next to Kon-Tiki Museum. The Oslo harbor view from this part of the city is magnificent. The weather was beautiful- It was 24 degrees and the sun shines over us throughout the day.

Oslo does not seem to be a metropolitan with a relatively small population and houses and buildings are scattered around the bay. That view is nice and peaceful. The summer houses are required to be relatively small on small islands and the whole bay gives an impression that Oslo is truly an ecological city.

Castle view from Karl Johans gate

I did not approach too close to the castle. I remember that I walked through here to reach my hotel last time I was in Oslo for a meeting. It was a very cold night but this area was covered beautifully by white snow. It is the first time I saw the castle summer time. The castle remains elegant and splendid in both winter and summer.

• Last visit to Oslo: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

Toshioohsako

“The horizon of travel expands indefinitely”

Badges & Stats in Oslo