"Annecy - a most beautiful lake in Europe" Annecy by Toshioohsako
Annecy Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 647 photos
The city is really picturesque. Its like a village you have long waited to see. Its a small city and you see a lot of cafe, bars, restaurants and shops. It is rather crowded in summer.
You take TGV from Paris or take a bus from Geneva (see my Geneva transport tip).
When i was working in Geneva, my mother from Japan annually visited me and we used to visit this lake city. Since then, every time I come here, I am reminded of her happy smile.
Every corner tempts you to take picture. Surprisingly, the big old house in the middle was an ancient prison. It must have been nice to be prisoned in such a place with a nice view (if it is not too long, of course).
It is said that lake Annecy is one of the most beautiful lakes in Europe and its water is so lean. One can see the bottom of the lake, the fact of which attracts a lot of swimmers in summer. The combination of the beautiful lake and the old village makes Annecy a very popular place to visit in all seasons.
- Pros:a most beautiful old lake city
- Cons:a little bit difficult to reach- bus from Geneva and TGV from Paris
- In a nutshell:Never fail to visit Annecy
I came here from Geneva by bus from Geneva's Gare Routiere (Bus Station). You can also come from paris by TGV. Lake... more travel advice
Toshioohsako's Related Pages
Annecy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Absolutely Amazing Annecy"
- "Annecy - One of France's Jewels"
- "BEAUTIFUL & BUSY ANNECY!"
- "French Venice..."
- "Breathtakingly Beautiful Annecy"
- "Town at the clearest lake in Europe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Annecy
- Hotels in Annecy
- Transportation in Annecy
- Nightlife in Annecy
- Restaurants in Annecy
- Shopping in Annecy
- Warnings and Dangers in Annecy
- See All...
Explore the World
- Central Province Hotels
- Bonneville Salt Flats State Park Hotels
- Vilanova i la Geltru
- Ausable Chasm
- Grand Baie
- Ko Samui
- Minorca Island
- Medina Hotels
- Aqaba Hotels
- Annapolis Hotels
- Province of Ilocos Norte
- Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Walkinstown Hotels
- The Bahamas
Badges & Stats in Annecy
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Annecy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Annecy
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Open albums but cannot see..."
- updated a Annecy Travel Page "Annecy - a most beautiful lake in Europe"
- Wrote a Review Promenade around Lake Annecy about The Lake in Annecy Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Promenade around Lake Annecy"
- Commented on one of firechick's Annecy travel pages
Photos in AnnecySee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Mino Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troms Region Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Miyajima Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Geneva Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (46)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Annecy hotel reviews
- Alexandra Hotel
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Jardin du Chateau Bed & Breakfast
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Atria Novotel Annecy Centre
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Imperial Palace
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Hotel des Alpes
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Kyriad - Annecy Centre
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Clos des Sens Annecy
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 18, 2012
- Hotel du Palais de l'Isle
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Nouvel Hotel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Ibis Annecy Centre
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013