"Annecy - a most beautiful lake in Europe" Annecy by Toshioohsako
Annecy Travel Guide: 243 reviews and 745 photos
The city is really picturesque. Its like a village you have long waited to see. Its a small city and you see a lot of cafe, bars, restaurants and shops. It is rather crowded in summer.
You take TGV from Paris or take a bus from Geneva (see my Geneva transport tip).
When i was working in Geneva, my mother from Japan annually visited me and we used to visit this lake city. Since then, every time I come here, I am reminded of her happy smile.
Every corner tempts you to take picture. Surprisingly, the big old house in the middle was an ancient prison. It must have been nice to be prisoned in such a place with a nice view (if it is not too long, of course).
It is said that lake Annecy is one of the most beautiful lakes in Europe and its water is so lean. One can see the bottom of the lake, the fact of which attracts a lot of swimmers in summer. The combination of the beautiful lake and the old village makes Annecy a very popular place to visit in all seasons.
- Pros:a most beautiful old lake city
- Cons:a little bit difficult to reach- bus from Geneva and TGV from Paris
- In a nutshell:Never fail to visit Annecy
Visit Friday market in Annecy. You will find nice vegetables, fruits, sausages, bread, cheese,etc. Its also a lot of fun... more travel advice
Toshioohsako's Related Pages
Annecy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Absolutely Amazing Annecy"
- "BEAUTIFUL & BUSY ANNECY!"
- "Annecy - One of France's Jewels"
- "Lovely Annecy"
- "French Venice..."
- "daytrip to Annecy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Annecy
- Hotels in Annecy
- Transportation in Annecy
- Nightlife in Annecy
- Restaurants in Annecy
- Shopping in Annecy
- Warnings and Dangers in Annecy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Annecy
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Annecy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Annecy
Photos in AnnecySee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Mino Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Klaipeda Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troms Region Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Trapani Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos