"Annecy - a most beautiful lake in Europe" Annecy by Toshioohsako

Annecy Travel Guide: 219 reviews and 665 photos

Lake Annecy and old town

The city is really picturesque. Its like a village you have long waited to see. Its a small city and you see a lot of cafe, bars, restaurants and shops. It is rather crowded in summer.

You take TGV from Paris or take a bus from Geneva (see my Geneva transport tip).

When i was working in Geneva, my mother from Japan annually visited me and we used to visit this lake city. Since then, every time I come here, I am reminded of her happy smile.

Picturesque Annecy

Every corner tempts you to take picture. Surprisingly, the big old house in the middle was an ancient prison. It must have been nice to be prisoned in such a place with a nice view (if it is not too long, of course).

Crystal clear lake of beauty

It is said that lake Annecy is one of the most beautiful lakes in Europe and its water is so lean. One can see the bottom of the lake, the fact of which attracts a lot of swimmers in summer. The combination of the beautiful lake and the old village makes Annecy a very popular place to visit in all seasons.

• Pros:a most beautiful old lake city
  • Cons:a little bit difficult to reach- bus from Geneva and TGV from Paris
  • In a nutshell:Never fail to visit Annecy
  • Last visit to Annecy: Dec 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 25, 2009

• micajo's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Very beautiful pictures.. I am tempted of going one day

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2008 at 11:47 AM

What a picturesque town! Annecy will be on my list of towns to visit. Thanks for thesee beautiful pictures. Regína

• Penelope4's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2008 at 11:18 PM

A look at the photograph and I say to myself: off to Annecy this year! Happy 3 Kings!

Toshioohsako

“The horizon of travel expands indefinitely”

Badges & Stats in Annecy