"University of Ibadan, Nigeria" Ibadan by Toshioohsako

Ibadan Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos

African conference

I was a coordinator and co-organizer of an UNESCO African Conference "How to link research and practice in Africa". I was welcomed by the president of the University of Ibadan and Professor Anthony Yoloyee. This university is the best university in Nigeria and probably the best in Africa (so I was told).

I am very glad that the photos from Ibadan have been located and scanned for VT friends.

Organizing committee members

The conference was attended by approximately 50 African Directors and senior researchers of African university and research institutions. They represented social science, economic and educational sectors of their countries.

Co-organizer

Professor Yoloye was my closest collaborator at the University of Ibadan and without his experience, intelligence and social skills, this conference could not have been possible. I collaborated with him for more than 10 years on African social and developmental issues. I appreciated his multi-disciplinary orientation, extreme intelligence, his ability for co-ordination and accommodation of diverse views as well as his just, humorous and warm personality.

• Last visit to Ibadan: Mar 1987
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2008

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Start scanning those photos! I scanned thousands of them in my early days on VT ;-) Crazy? Perhaps! I may never get to this country, but life is full of surprises, so one never knows :-)

Toshioohsako

“The horizon of travel expands indefinitely”

Badges & Stats in Ibadan