"Calvi - Corsican beauty" Calvi by Toshioohsako

Calvi Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 87 photos

Calvi - gateway to three beauties in Corsica

This is my fourth visit to Corsica. I used to come to this beautiful island for holiday when I was working in Paris. I used to visit more often the south region of Corsica, cities like Ajaccio, Propriano, Bonifacio. But one day, a luxrious idea came to my mind - are there any ways to see the three beauties of Corsica altogether - the sea, villages and mountains. Ten years ago, I decided to fly to Calvi to make my dream come true. This is my second visit to this city.

Calvi is for me now a beautiful and romantic gateway to the north region of Corsica characterized by the shining blue and green sea, untouched old villages and the wild yet heart-lifting mountainous landscapes.

Citadel

The Citadel of Calvi is a must-to-visit place. You can enjoy nice old narrow streets and buildings as well as a magnificent view of the Calvi Bay. Calvi Jazz Festival is held here.

This is Calvi Bay!

It was a beautiful June day in Calvi. The sea was calm and people were enjoying swimming and sailing. The combination of mountains and the sea is superb! One feels the nature luring you to far-away sea-paradises when standing on the cliff wall of the Citadel.

• Pros:3 beauties combined (sea, mountain, and villages)
  • Cons:nothing particular
  • In a nutshell:Calvi! Calvi! Calvi!
  • Last visit to Calvi: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 8, 2009

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Thanks Grace YC on Calvi. I am sure you will enjoy visiting places like Provence, Brittany, South of Farnce, Loirre valley castle region, etc. Of course, Corsica is wonderful. Have a good day

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Hello Toshio! Thanks for visiting my Versailles page. I've only visited Paris once and would love to check out the rest of the country! OMG, Calvi is looks sooo wonderful!

Toshioohsako

“The horizon of travel expands indefinitely”

Badges & Stats in Calvi