"Beautiful gateway town" Sisteron by Toshioohsako
Sisteron Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 64 photos
Sisteron was built on the banks of the River Durane (pop: 8000) of Aipes-de-Haute-Provence. It is about 100 km and 130 km to Aix-en-Provence and to Marseille, respectively.Its a gateway to Provence towards south of France and also to the north of France (e.g. Grenoble).
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/eb1d9/155da/#ixzz1Z4Amm3eJ
This mountain is very unique in shape. This face of the mountain is sharply curved and looks like huge potato or cucumber sliced by a giant animal (a dinosaur?). But it look also beautiful together with a small village just below.
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/eb1d9/155da/#ixzz1Z4CGcWwZ
The city is nice especially if you walk down towards the River Durane. But its center can have heavy traffic as in summer as many cars passing through this "gateway" town. It was calm in the middle of October.
- Pros:unique, beautiful river and mountains
The citadelle in Sisteron is a must place. You can see overview Haute Provence mountains, Sisteron town and the River... more travel advice
Toshioohsako's Related Pages
Sisteron Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ancient Town Built into the Cliffs"
- "Beautiful gateway town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sisteron
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Sisteron?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sisteron
Photos in SisteronSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsumoto Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Mino Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Klaipeda Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troms Region Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Penang Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Trapani Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos