"Tanzania - Zanzibar" Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania by elsadran
Tanzania Travel Guide: 2,868 reviews and 7,761 photos
A wonderful breeze is blowing all over the country. The beautiful scenery changes every few kilometers. People are so gentle and helpful that I couldn't believe at first that their sweetness and warmth were genuine. However my first impression was being confirmed day by day.
Food is delicious and cheap with endless options in local, Indian, Arabic and international dishes. Fish is readily available and tasty.
Lovely memories and a warm feeling of satisfaction in one of the most welcoming countries in Africa!
For those who choose to come to Tanzania for 7 to 10 days, there is a simple solution. A few days for a wonderful safari and a few days in Zanzibar.
If you have more time you can add a hike to the top of the legendary Kilimanjaro mountain or Mount Meru, or a few days hiking on Usambara mountains.
If you have plenty of time then you have endless options as Tanzania is a large, safe to travel and serene country.
For the ones who wish to get the spirit of the country a visit to Lake Tanganyika or to the little visited islands like Pemba or Mafia or more remote national parks can be very rewarding.
I entered the country through the Rwandan borders, followed the road to Lake Tanganyika, then turned to the East towards Dodoma. Arusha was next where I enjoyed an exciting safari. Then Moshi, close to Kilimanjaro mountain where I visited the local villages at the foot of the mountain. No, I didn't climb ?Kili? but those who did it looked very excited and absolutely satisfied with their achievement.. Then I went straight to Lushoto on the Usambara Mountains. After relaxing a lot on the amazing mountains I went to hectic Dar Es Salam and a few days later I got on the boat for Zanzibar. Stunning beaches and palm treed villages kept me there for a long time. My final destination was remote Pangani and then straight to the Kenyan coast.
The simple village life of Jambiani with the wooden houses, the exquisite palm fringed beach and the traditional fishing... more travel advice
When people ask me what was most impressive in Zanzibar my mind goes first to its amazing beaches with the soul... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Tanzania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tanzania - Zanzibar"
- "An Amazing African Experience"
- "Tanzania.... Beauty...Diversity...Wilderness"
- "Grete's Safari Page"
- "Best of Tanzania"
- "Tanzania, I will never forget you......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanzania
- Hotels in Tanzania
- Transportation in Tanzania
- Nightlife in Tanzania
- Restaurants in Tanzania
- Shopping in Tanzania
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanzania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanzania
- 53 Reviews
- 204 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Tanzania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanzania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 118 reviews, 470 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 61 reviews, 219 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues