"Caribbean paradise!" Top 5 Page for this destination Comarca de San Blas by elsadran
Comarca de San Blas Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 159 photos
The 378 small islands are strung out along the Caribbean coast of Panama, from the gulf of San Blas as far as Colombia. Only about 50 of them are inhabited by the unique Kuna Indians. Of course all Indians are unique but what is remarkable about the Kunas is that they have kept their independence from the Panamanian government who don't interfere into their affairs. Thus they have managed to keep their own economic and administrative system, and consequently they have kept their culture, traditions, language, music and dance intact for long long years.
So being there feels like a fairy tale or a travel to the past. They are dressed in their typical costumes even when they travel to Panama City for their shopping, and proudly refuse to have a rapid development though they are so close to the modern world. Tourists welcome this with a contented sigh and an open heart.
Indeed it's impossible not to appreciate being in the hug of such crystal clear sea and away from the hustle and bustle of crazy modern 'civilisation'.
View my Travelogue to see the beautiful islands!!!
My friends , Herman and Sabine, who were great company in San Blas, sent me a lot of beautiful photos. I can't stop... more travel advice
One day we asked the boatman to take us to an island we could see on our way but was not normally visited. He was... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Comarca de San Blas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caribbean paradise!"
- "My cruise to the San Blas Islands"
- "A visit to San Blas Archipelago"
- "Rainforest Islands"
- "San Blas Islands"
- "Sailing to Panama"
- "AUTONOMOUS TERRITORY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Comarca de San Blas
- Hotels in Comarca de San Blas
- Transportation in Comarca de San Blas
- Nightlife in Comarca de San Blas
- Restaurants in Comarca de San Blas
- Shopping in Comarca de San Blas
- Warnings and Dangers in Comarca de San Blas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Comarca de San Blas
- 10 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Comarca de San Blas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Comarca de San Blas
- Commented on one of elsadran's Comarca de San Blas tips
- Posted in Travel Guinea-Bissau Forum "Re: Bus or shared taxi Banjul -..."
- Wrote a Review unforgettable beauty!!! in Comarca de San Blas Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "unforgettable beauty!!!"
- updated a Comarca de San Blas Travel Page "Caribbean paradise!"
Photos in Comarca de San BlasSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues