"Ecuador-the country of four seasons!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador by elsadran
Ecuador Travel Guide: 5,162 reviews and 19,151 photos
Ecuadorians like calling their country “the country of four seasons” because the variety in the morphology results in different climatic conditions and thus a great biodiversity. A large variety in ethnic groups and cultural history is also still present in the four different regions of the small but impressive country.
Quito is the second highest capital in the world and is the heart of the country carrying a history and culture of centuries. Its colonial architecture make it an interesting destination. North of Quito the Otavalo market, as well as Saquisili to the south, are the most popular markets, with hundreds of natives coming to sell their unique products and handicrafts.
In the snow-capped Andean ranges and the milder southern highlands indigenous communities still keep the values and customs of their ancient fathers. South of Quito the traveler can view the dramatic high peaks of volcanoes, as Cotopaxi and Chimborazo. Laguna Quilotoa and the surrounding villages deserve a few day stop, too. In the little picturesque town of Baños there is an opportunity to rest and enjoy the lush environment.
Heading even more south, the pretty landscape becomes milder and greener with a patchwork of fields extending up the slopes to the clouds covering the summits. Experience the interesting train ride from Riobamba to the Nariz del Diablo, and then stop at Cuenca, undoubtedly the most beautiful city in Ecuador, a city museum of culture and history. Continuing south near the border with Peru, Vilcabamba is the sleeping beauty of the south, laying in “the valley of eternal life”...
In the Oriente, that belongs to the Amazon Basin the tropical climate presents a wonderful abundance of flora and fauna....
In the western Lowlands and the coast with the long stretches of white beaches there are many opportunities for ecotourism. The coast is laced with beautiful long white beaches with a laid-back atmosphere and lively parties after sunset...Montañita, Manglaralto, Los Frailes, Canoa, Sua to mention just a few.
...And finally Galapagos, a unique natural wonder, is the ultimate celebration of unspoilt nature. The place where the Earth is being born and unique animal life has found a precious refuge...
There is a lot more to explore but that I leave to you...
If you need to have peace of mind and hammock your body in a wonderful garden go to Le Rendez Vous. It is so serene and... more travel advice
Karina is a very nice person with a very positive energy and magic hands. I am a massage fanatic so believe me when I... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Ecuador Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A trip in Ecuador with Maillekeul"
- "The land that lies in the middle of the world ..."
- "Ecuador, first step - Equateur, la premiere etape"
- "Ecuador-the country of four seasons!"
- "My itinerary in Ecuador 2011"
- "Ecuador: A Place of Special Consideration"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ecuador
- Hotels in Ecuador
- Transportation in Ecuador
- Nightlife in Ecuador
- Restaurants in Ecuador
- Shopping in Ecuador
- Warnings and Dangers in Ecuador
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ecuador
- 134 Reviews
- 445 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Ecuador?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ecuador
- Posted in Travel Guinea-Bissau Forum "Re: Bus or shared taxi Banjul -..."
- updated a Ecuador Travel Page "Ecuador-the country of four seasons!"
- Wrote a Review Harmony between comfort and nature! in Ecuador Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Harmony between comfort and nature!"
- Commented on one of SanguiniA's Ecuador travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues