"Chile - A gifted land" Top 5 Page for this destination Chile by elsadran
Chile Travel Guide: 4,912 reviews and 13,635 photos
Every step you make in this beautiful country is worthy!
Imposing ice capped mountains, threatening volcanoes, roaring cascades, serene valleys, shimmering turquoise lakes, granite pillars proudly soaring into the deep blue sky, vast deserts, tasty food, clear waters, fresh rejuvenating air are some of the Chilean riches. But what makes it unique is the people !!
There are six million of gentle, warm, hospitable, amiable, cultured, helpful, spontaneous, emotional Chileans. I fell in love with them! All of them !!!
I entered Chile by bus coming from Ushuaia, Argentina.
Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales (1). I trekked on Torres de Paine !
Then I took a boat trip all the way to Puerto Montt. Unfortunately it didn't stop in Chacabuko so I had to make a loop; I went south to Chiloe, and in Castro (2) I took a boat for Chaiten (3).
Then I rode a bus along Carretera Austral (4). I stopped in Coyhaique(5). Then I took a 3-day boat trip to Laguna San Rafael (6) and went on to Puerto Montt on the same boat.
I stayed in Puerto Varas (7) and then in Frutillar, Villarica (8), Petrohue (9), Laguna Todos los Santos (10).
Then I took a bus to Villarica. Pucon . Valparaiso, (11) Viña del Mar(12) and Isla Negra. (13)
Santiago was next and then La Serena and Elqui Valley (14).
Finally I ended up in San Pedro de Atacama and crossed to Bolivia (15).
It was about 2 months. And yes!..I would go back to Chile with pleasure !!
(1) tips 9-10
(2) tips 4
(3) tip 5-6
(4) tip 4
(5) tip 9-10
(6) tip 1-2
(7) tip 3
(8) tip 4
(9) tip 7-8
(10) tip 7-8
(11) tip 3-4
(12) tip 6
(13) tip 5
(14) tip 2
Don't miss my Travelogues...
- Pros:Wonderful people and scenery
- In a nutshell:I was enthusiastic !!!
I always admire people who are travelling with small children. It takes a lot of courage but most of all it points out... more travel advice
Aisen is surrounded by exceptionally beautiful Patagonian scenery! Clear turquoise lakes and crystalline rivers,... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Chile Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHILE---A Surprising Country!"
- "Chile - A gifted land"
- "Chile - Land of fabulous contrasts"
- "Land of the Guanaco"
- "* A DISTANT BUT FRIENDLY COUNTRY *"
- "Chile - very diverse scenery"
- "Mission : Fireland - Vers la Tiera de Fuego..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chile
- Hotels in Chile
- Transportation in Chile
- Nightlife in Chile
- Restaurants in Chile
- Shopping in Chile
- Warnings and Dangers in Chile
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chile
- 101 Reviews
- 430 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Chile?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chile
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues