"Chile - A gifted land" Top 5 Page for this destination Chile by elsadran

Chile Travel Guide: 4,912 reviews and 13,636 photos

Every step you make in this beautiful country is worthy!
Imposing ice capped mountains, threatening volcanoes, roaring cascades, serene valleys, shimmering turquoise lakes, granite pillars proudly soaring into the deep blue sky, vast deserts, tasty food, clear waters, fresh rejuvenating air are some of the Chilean riches. But what makes it unique is the people !!
There are six million of gentle, warm, hospitable, amiable, cultured, helpful, spontaneous, emotional Chileans. I fell in love with them! All of them !!!

I entered Chile by bus coming from Ushuaia, Argentina.
Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales (1). I trekked on Torres de Paine !
Then I took a boat trip all the way to Puerto Montt. Unfortunately it didn't stop in Chacabuko so I had to make a loop; I went south to Chiloe, and in Castro (2) I took a boat for Chaiten (3).
Then I rode a bus along
Carretera Austral (4). I stopped in Coyhaique(5). Then I took a 3-day boat trip to Laguna San Rafael (6) and went on to Puerto Montt on the same boat.
I stayed in
Puerto Varas (7) and then in Frutillar, Villarica (8), Petrohue (9), Laguna Todos los Santos (10).
Then I took a bus to Villarica.
Pucon . Valparaiso, (11) Viña del Mar(12) and Isla Negra. (13)
Santiago was next and then La Serena and Elqui Valley (14).
Finally I ended up in
San Pedro de Atacama and crossed to Bolivia (15).
It was about 2 months. And yes!..I would go back to Chile with pleasure !!

(1) tips 9-10
(11) tip 3-4
(12) tip 6
(13) tip 5
(14) tip 2

Don't miss my Travelogues...

• Pros:Wonderful people and scenery
  • In a nutshell:I was enthusiastic !!!
  • Last visit to Chile: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 15, 2008

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Wow. Incredible overview of Chile. What a diverse and beautiful country with blue whales. Can do without those tabanos flies. Beautiful photos and excellent tips written. Cheers, SL :)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2008 at 9:44 PM

I absolutely LOVED your Chile page. My father used to travel there a lot & very much liked it. I enjoyed your writing style and great photos... well deserving of a top-5 spot! Greetings from the desert / Jess :-)

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 10:27 PM

A Fantastic page on Chile. Great pphotography and tips. Greetings Pierre

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Very vivid and interesting!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 9:15 PM

Your words and photos paint a wonderful picture of this fascinating country. Yoyu certainly managed to see a lot and to soak up wonderful memories and inpressions. leyle

• savvygirl's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Great photos!

• himalia11's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Great page, and so much photos! This canopying is nothing for me, but I guess that's an interesting experience!

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Elsa,thanks for the tons of information on Chile.It seems like a wonderful place to visit.

elsadran