"palawan" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Palawan by elsadran
Province of Palawan Travel Guide: 1,631 reviews and 5,652 photos
A magnificent forest carpeted, exotic island. A gift for the adventurous soul to explore. A paradise for the nature lovers. A cinematographic beauty of the underwater world for the hungry divers. Its unique and diverse flora and fauna is due to the location between Borneo and Mindanao, and its pristine emerald waters to its remoteness. Palawan is blessed with splendid beaches, majestic unexplored mountains, scenic limestone rocks popping vertically out of the sea, stunning sunsets and friendly people.
In fact everything is almost perfect including the savoury food that is cheap and nutritious.
Being declared as World Heritage it has miraculously escaped from total destruction. Its precious colourful reefs have come back to life and millions of exotic fish have found their natural habitat after a turn to eco-tourism and mild development, which has given hope for a safe future.
In case you are planning a trip to Philippines don't forget to include Palawan in your list. If you have only a few days for it just divide them between Sabang ( or Port Barton) and El Nido. For the more fortunate there are many heavenly spots to spend unforgettable moments. Don't delay because I am sure its destiny is the usual unhappy deterioration of "touristic" over exploitation. It is always the same painful feeling I get when I go back to a dreamy place I had discovered several years before. Little paradises turned to touristy monsters...
Anyway I hope people will respect and treasure this wonderful corner of Earth...
Amazing diving, mountaineering, basking in the sun on quiet beaches, being pampered in efficient resorts on picture perfect small islands, savouring delicious fresh fish are some of the options offered on the island.
Highlights are the Subterranean River, The area of Puerto Princesa, Sabang, Port Barton, Honda beach, and definitely El Nido.
All small islands you can visit will leave you with a happy smile..and you have a choice of more than 1700!
All people are helpful and open hearted!
The more you stay in El Nido the more you like this little charming place. Maybe it's the laid-back atmosphere or the... more travel advice
As this was supposed to be an adventure trip, as all my latest trips are, I took the boat from Manila. We were scheduled... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Province of Palawan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay, and Welcome to Palawan!"
- " The Last Frontier"
- "Palawan, Puerto Princessa"
- "Where Blue Meets Green"
- "Visiting Palawan"
- "THE LAST FRONTIER!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Palawan
- Hotels in Province of Palawan
- Transportation in Province of Palawan
- Nightlife in Province of Palawan
- Restaurants in Province of Palawan
- Shopping in Province of Palawan
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Palawan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Palawan
- 12 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Province of Palawan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Palawan
Photos in Province of PalawanSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 118 reviews, 470 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 61 reviews, 219 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues