"Philippines" Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines by elsadran
Philippines Travel Guide: 24,402 reviews and 82,348 photos
When tourists think of Philippines they mostly have white palm fringed beaches in mind or walks in tropical forests. Divers dream of clear blue waters with colourful fish swimming around and majestic reef gardens. And they are perfectly right because that's exactly what this country has to offer. But it's much more which you can discover only by staying longer and come to know the warm, communicative and caring people. People who made me feel at home, opened their heart to me and kindly gave me their friendship.
It's their kindness and helpfulness derived from a genuine gentle heart and open-mindedness. It's their patience through the fury of nature that on one unfortunate moment takes away all they have acquired with great difficulty, sometimes even their own lives. It's their legends and traditions expressed in their colourful festivals. It's their beautiful women and amiable children ! It's their sweet smiles and wonderful voices..It's the remote places that are difficult to reach but definitely belong to our vision of paradise. It's the wonderful sunsets !!!
There is much more for you to see, taste and feel..go off the beaten track..open your mind..go as travelers and not as tourists...
I started my trip in Manila which I found not bad despite the hubbub, then I took the boat to Palawan. Coming back to Manila there was a hurricane so my local friends didn't let me go for a while. I escaped them and continued to the Mountain Province where another hurricane kept me put for a week. I enjoyed this week in the company of Philippinos! Baguio, Sagada, Banaue and Bataad are what I visited . But there are more authentic places like Kalinga or picturesque like Vigan which I would like to see, too. Well, next time...
Then I came back to Manila and continued south visiting many towns of Luzon. I gazed at Mt Mayon, that has taken thousands of lives, in awe... I crossed to Samar. Local people did their best to make my life easy. They escorted me, carried my bags and shared their deepest thoughts with me.
From Samar I went to Maripipi and then to Biliran and Leyte. Bohol and Panglao were next where I had many things to do. After that I took the boat to Cagayan de Oro for my approach to Camiguin. Cebu was next and my visits to Bantayan and Malapascua!!! Back to Cebu for Sinulog. I wouldn't have missed it for anything!
Siquijor was my next destination where I had time to relax and visit Apo island for fine snorkeling. I continued to Dumaguette and to the unique Sugar beach in Sipalay. Next was Bacolod only for a chance to see Silay and then Ilo-Ilo.
In Boracay I had a wonderful time mingling with locals and long staying tourists who initiated me into the "secrets" of the place. Two beautiful islands came next..Tablas, Romblon and Sibuyan. Then Mindoro and back to Manila for my flight home.
Final conclusion..Every place has a different taste worth of trying!
- Pros:Friendly people, great beaches, wonderful sea life, delicious fishsoup !!
- Cons:bad transportation..off the beaten track
This is a luxurious hotel where you are sure to have a comfortable stay, if you can afford it of course. Located in the... more travel advice
The name of Mindoro comes from the Spaniards calling the place “Mina de Oro”. The population of over 1 million are... more travel advice
- See All Bantayan-Sinulog a great fiesta..
- Jeepneys are everywhere!!!
- See All the 8th wonder- rice terraces!!
- Taxi drivers are unreliable..
elsadran's Related Pages
Philippines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Philippines: The Fiesta Islands of Asia"
- "Tierra Adorada, Hija Del Sol De Oriente..."
- "My Country Home"
- "Over 7000 Islands!! Have Fun"
- "Beautiful Philippines Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philippines
- Hotels in Philippines
- Transportation in Philippines
- Nightlife in Philippines
- Restaurants in Philippines
- Shopping in Philippines
- Warnings and Dangers in Philippines
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Philippines
- 68 Reviews
- 331 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Philippines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philippines
Photos in PhilippinesSee All Photos (331)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (55)
Top Philippines hotels
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Tagaytay Hotels
- 258 Reviews - 846 Photos
- Boracay Island Hotels
- 1627 Reviews - 4505 Photos
- Cebu City Hotels
- 490 Reviews - 1464 Photos
- Makati Hotels
- 534 Reviews - 2137 Photos
- Davao Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 815 Photos
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- 366 Reviews - 937 Photos
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 634 Photos
- Laguna Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Coron Hotels
- 194 Reviews - 510 Photos
- Quezon City Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 154 Photos
- Bohol Hotels
- 501 Reviews - 1633 Photos
- Vigan Hotels
- 417 Reviews - 1221 Photos