"picturesque Kastoria!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kastoria by elsadran
Kastoria Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 194 photos
Some Greeks think Kastoria is the most beautiful city in Greece and it really is a lovely picture when you get the first view of it, coming from the national road. It is built amphitheatrically on the hills of a small promontory which projects into the picturesque Lake Orestiada. The reverse double of the city is reflected on the calm water.. This road offers an excellent opportunity for a pleasant evening stroll!
The city's architecture is interesting. There are many Byzantine churches, museums and traditional mansions built in the 17th and 18th centuries.
The fur business has thrived for a very long time but now, I hope, it is declining. However you can still see fur shops and workshops in the whole town.
Nevertheless this does not mar the picture a lot because Kastoria is indeed a beautiful city.The scenery is lovely and the sunset is a revelation!
Don't miss the local specialties like meat dishes, pies and delicious sweets!
For all kind of information get in the city's site www.kastoria.gr and click 'english'.
PS. The main reason why I made this page is to let you see the photos I took at this wonderful lake : ) there are some more in my Travelogue
The fur industry has been the most profitable occupation for the people of Kastoria. It has developed since the... more travel advice
Old mansions have been restored and stand proudly in their beautiful gardens. Most of them were built in the 17th and... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Kastoria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kastoria, the fur capital of Europe."
- "Kastoria, the lady of the Lake....."
- "picturesque Kastoria!"
- "Kastoria, the city and the lake."
- "Kastoria - ÊáóôïñéÜ"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kastoria
- Hotels in Kastoria
- Restaurants in Kastoria
- Warnings and Dangers in Kastoria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kastoria
- 5 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Kastoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kastoria
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues