"Boquete - on the highlands!" Top 5 Page for this destination Boquete by elsadran
Boquete Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 102 photos
Boquete is enveloped by emerald peaks capped in cloud forest. Its endemic flora and fauna is of great diversity. Its mild springlike climate and its panoramic views make it a perfect place to soak in the serene beauty of Nature. Crystalline rivers flow through the lush cloud forests and birds of exquisite colours perch in the branches of the tall trees.
Boquete was founded in 1911 in the land of the Doraz Indians who lived in the this fertile highland valley, with the temperate climate and spectacular beauty. The Spanish conquistadors and later more European came to Boquete from the Isthmus in search of gold. It has seen days of great prosperity. Nowadays it's a quiet, beautiful highland town perched on the forested slope of the lush valley with banks, nice hotels and good restaurants to fit all budgets.
The indigenous people belong to the Ngobe-Bulge tribe and live all around the verdant valley, in simple houses hidden among the lush vegetation.
The surrounding forests abound with wild life and hiking opportunities. A hike to the top of Baru volcano is one of the most popular. If you are less fit or more lazy walking around the area is just as rewarding. Cerro Punta, the town on the other side of the volcano is recommended for a short visit
Best time to come is the dry season between November to April.
Canopying is a nice idea for taking out your energy. The technique of sliding on strong cables over the canopy of tall... more travel advice
On the central street near the junction of the roads to the northern areas you can find a nice shop with a variety of... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Boquete Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boquete - on the highlands!"
- "In the valley"
- "Sweet little town"
- "SCENIC BEAUTY IN A MOUNTAIN VILLAGE"
- "Not exactly as anticipated..."
- "Boquete Highlands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boquete
- Hotels in Boquete
- Transportation in Boquete
- Nightlife in Boquete
- Restaurants in Boquete
- Shopping in Boquete
- Warnings and Dangers in Boquete
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boquete
- 19 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Boquete?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boquete
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 61 reviews, 219 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues