"El Valle de Anton" El Valle by elsadran
El Valle Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 49 photos
El Valle has much to offer to whoever needs a relaxing mountainous retreat for a few days. There is good food, organic mostly, comfortable hotels, excellent views around the surrounding peaks, nice shopping, though more expensive than in Panama City, and numerous interesting sights in the lush environment of the valley. Indeed walking in the wonderful forests is what you will enjoy most in this picturesque, quiet welcoming place. People are open and friendly and eager to make your explorations around the town more enjoyable.
As the bus climbs higher up the Central Cordilleras of Panama the scenery is getting greener and the views more rewarding. The fresh air prepares for relaxing mood and the people get more smiling. The town nestling in an old crater is rich with vegetation of all kinds and the surrounding mountains seem to be protecting the beautiful town. Although high winds are the norm for winter, I am sure, as the trees have kept the shape of being blown, unable to come back to shape.
One of the most exciting sights is Macho with its waterfalls and a small river pool for swimming. There is canopying available there, too.
The thermal springs are also a short walk towards the west side of the town. El Nispero Gardens and Zoo with the famous golden frogs are 1 kilometer away.
There are also walks through the forest to several waterfalls and the big rocks with the Petroglyphs, where local children giving long lectures over the carvings make their first step to a ...successful career as guides....
The square trees on the premises of Hotel Campestre - the oldest in town - are not something you will be amazed at but they are ok if you have time to spare. You will find the hotel on Carretera El Ciclo.
And last but not least, the local market with fresh vegetables and juicy fruits and a lot of souvenirs.
There are buses regularly running the 2 hour ride to El Valle from Panama city. From David you will get off at the... more travel advice
Don Pepe Hotel is on the corner one block from the market. It's painted yellow and green – not a very nice combination... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
El Valle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EL VALLE DE ANTON - RETREAT FOR PANAMA CITY"
- "El Valle de Anton"
- "El Valle...beautiful valley, great weather"
- "El Valle de Anton"
- "El Valle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Valle
- Hotels in El Valle
- Transportation in El Valle
- Restaurants in El Valle
- Shopping in El Valle
- Warnings and Dangers in El Valle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Valle
- 10 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to El Valle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Valle
Photos in El ValleSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 61 reviews, 219 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues