"Even birds like surfing in Montañita!" Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita by elsadran
Montañita Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 313 photos
A very lively little coastal town, Montañita has a special character. It's busy but easy-going. It's quiet in the early morning and dancing loud in the nights. Surfers come in the rainy season, between January and March to ride the best waves in the country. Laid-back tourists come to find a wonderful beach, hot parties at night, tasty food and chairs good for being lazy...Jewel makers come to sell their artistic products in the happy quiet streets and enjoy the fiestas of the night. Whatever your idea of vacation is you can be justified here.
As for me I enjoyed everything, staying in the loud, partying center in the first days, and moving into a quieter one later for more restful sleep-although it didn't always coincide with the night hours...!
The beach is huge in width and length, so nobody can feel cramped there. You can easily walk to neighbouring Manglaralto. You can also visit Olon to the north. Montañita usually attracts young people but I am sure the less younger will have a good chance to have a nice time in this beautiful rustic little village.
Well you all know the rule: don't leave anything in the room unless you don't care if you never see it again. This rule... more travel advice
There are some young people all over the world with imagination and talent in their hands who have picked a unique life... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Montañita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A land of real and fake surfers"
- "Even birds like surfing in Montañita!"
- "Great Beach, Great Food, But..."
- "A surfer place without surfing - Sans surfer"
- "Montanita, Ecuador's Surfing Mecca"
- "MONTANITA, A CAPTIVATING PLACE!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montañita
- Hotels in Montañita
- Transportation in Montañita
- Nightlife in Montañita
- Restaurants in Montañita
- Shopping in Montañita
- Warnings and Dangers in Montañita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montañita
- 11 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Montañita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montañita
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues