"Taganga - a place to relax" Top 5 Page for this destination Taganga by elsadran
Taganga Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 185 photos
Heading for Taganga I expected to arrive at a palm fringed beach with clear green blue sea, straw roofed hotels and tropical fruit juice sold on the beach. As for the juice I was right...but the rest is nothing like that at all. It immediately reminded me of a common seaside ..Greek village, enclosed by hills with brownish vegetation and white painted houses. Surprisingly, all my Greek friends expressed the same thought when they saw my pictures. Actually it's not special at all. Except for one thing that should be pointed out. You always have a great time in Taganga. And that's because you have nothing to do here. So you decide to relax and enjoy the slow paced rhythm, the good fresh fish and the company of happy tourists who have the same plan in their mind. A surprising number of tourists gather here from all over the world and give themselves time to finally stop rushing and enjoy a carefree time for a few days. Life is easy going as you can keep up with your sleep, enjoy the clear blue sea and have a tasty fresh fish from the local day's catch. There are drum beating parties at the few bars and people tend to come together and exchange their views about life...Those who feel like being more to themselves can spend their time reading a book on a swinging hammock and have nice walks to the nearby beach.
For those who need a little action there is Santa Marta at a half hour ride where they can have their usual city sightseeing, banking or whatever a traveller expects to do in a city.
Still if one feels full of energy there is a large choice of activities around . They can move to Tayrona park which is itself a wonderful destination! Or they can go diving, they can even arrange trips around this part of Colombia through a Travel Agency. I was told the peninsula to the east is a good place for exploration with interesting villages and pure local life on the heights of Sierra Nevada and around Valledupar, such as Pueblo Bello, and Nabusimake.
Taganga is quiet and peaceful and maybe it's a better base than Santa Marta.
What is magical about Taganga I don't exactly know but everybody likes it and myself made a lot of new friends, had a lot of nice talks, danced to the latin rhythms of drums, had superb Caipirinhas and I certainly had a great time!!!
I woke up early enough to catch the bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena... I packed and was out carrying my bags to the... more travel advice
Next to Taganga is a fine beach with white sand and very clear water. A pleasant road with beautiful views leads there... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Taganga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Worth a Taste: Taganga"
- "Taganga - a place to relax"
- "One of the nicest and quietest places.."
- "TAGANGA - gateway to the Caribbean"
- "HEAVEN AND HELL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taganga
- Hotels in Taganga
- Transportation in Taganga
- Nightlife in Taganga
- Restaurants in Taganga
- Shopping in Taganga
- Warnings and Dangers in Taganga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taganga
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Taganga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taganga
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 61 reviews, 219 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues