"Isla Chiloe-a close look into the heart of Chile" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Chiloé by elsadran
Isla Chiloé Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 175 photos
Chiloe is actually an Archipelago in south west Chile. Castro is the capital. Its houses on stilts are typical giving it a unique character. Life is relaxed and people are discreet and quiet. There are boat connections with Chaiten on the other side from where you can start Carreterra Austral. There are easy boat-bus connections with Puerto Montt, too.
Nature is unspoilt and small all green islands are ready to be explored nearby. National Park Chiloe and its beautiful Cucao beach is not to be missed !
You can satisfy your stomach needs in the "palafitos" restaurants with excellent food and nice views! A walk around the city of Castro is also very interesting.
Architecture has been greatly influenced by the Spanish. The famous Chiloe churches were built by the Jesuits and have been declared UNESCO World Heritage. The Catholic old churches are everywhere and have their own story..(For photos of them click here Chiloe churches)
It's not difficult to cover the length of the island-190km. The west side is more remote. On the east side there are many villages and small islands You can see it moving around by your own means or join a group in a travel Agency. Both ways you will appreciate the beautiful scenery.
Chiloe means "the place of seagulls"..
This rose would be very proud if it knew how beautiful it is... It's in the garden of a guesthouse. There are more in... more travel advice
Castro is a very charming city as it's climbing on the gentle hills and spreading along the beautiful coastline. Being... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Isla Chiloé Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "" Tejuelas de Alerce""
- "Isla Chiloe-a close look into the heart of Chile"
- "THE GREAT ISLAND OF CHILOE"
- "Churches, churches, churches........."
- "Mysterious Chiloe"
- "Chiloe: in the Chile top 5"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Chiloé
- Hotels in Isla Chiloé
- Transportation in Isla Chiloé
- Restaurants in Isla Chiloé
- Shopping in Isla Chiloé
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Chiloé
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Chiloé
- 7 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Isla Chiloé?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Chiloé
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues