"a city of culture" Frutillar by elsadran
Frutillar Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 43 photos
Founded by German settlers in 1856, Frutillar has kept up to nowadays a strong German influence , which is obvious in the architecture and even its culinary specialties.
The city consists of Frutillar Alto and Frutillar Bajo.
The latter is very picturesque having a long promenade in front of the lake with benches and nicely manicured plants decorating the view of the perfectly shaped Osorno. The volcano dominates the view wherever you move around the whole region .
The Region of the Lakes is exceptionally beautiful, in my opinion.
There are painting exhibitions, houses of interesting architecture and a big chessboard on the ground in the center of Frutillar Bajo, where mostly children are playing seriously, trying to move the gigantic pawns...sometimes being helped by their parents !
A new concert hall was being built when I was there, which shows the importance of culture for the local people.
Classical music is heard everywhere , young children are playing their musical instruments in the streets, so it's not surprising that the "Classical Music Festival" in Frutillar attracts people from all over Chile.
Even the decorations in the streets are musical inspirations.
- Pros:culture, peaceful and beautiful environment, kuchen..
- In a nutshell:enjoyable !!!
Don't miss the delicious sweet . It's sold everywhere in Frutillar. It' s a sort of cake made of light, refreshing fruit... more travel advice
Written Aug 26, 2007
houses of Frutillar
Written Sep 30, 2007
walking in Frutillar
elsadran's Related Pages
Frutillar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lago Llanquihue"
- "In the heart of the Lake District"
- "a city of culture"
- "Lakes, Snow, volcanos, flowers, strudelltorte"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frutillar
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Frutillar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frutillar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues