"La Serena" Top 5 Page for this destination La Serena by elsadran
La Serena Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 201 photos
The city has kept its historic architecture, has the efficiency of a city and bares a very suitable name. It's serene, quite, peaceful.... The long sandy beach and the beautiful buildings in the quiet streets make it special. Walking is really pleasant.
The city is about 470 klms from Santiago. It was founded in 1544, was burnt down and refounded in 1549. There are four museums for you to explore . The Historic Museum of Gabriel Gonzales Vileda (Matta 495), the Archeological Museum with Indian handicraft (Cienfuegos 224), the Colonial Museum of Religious Art (Balmceda 640) and the Minerology Musem Ignacio Domeyco (Anfion Muñoz 870), and the Japanese Garden. Walking in the city and Plaza de Armas is nice..
There is Elqui Valley nearby, one of the highlights in Chile.
La Recova is the biggest Market with artesanias, woollen clothes and musical instruments.
Damas island makes a good day trip, too. It's a bare rocky island with a lot wild donkeys and sea mammals.
This long golden beach attracts a lot of swimmers from all over Chile as well as tourists, especially in January and... more travel advice
A quick tip! If you happen to be there in peak season and you are going north to San Pedro de Atacama be sure to book... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
La Serena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LA SERENA, the city of pisco and papayas!"
- "La Serena"
- "La Serena Beaches"
- "La Serena... calmed, peaceful."
- "Elqui Valley"
- "LA SERENA"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Serena
- Hotels in La Serena
- Transportation in La Serena
- Nightlife in La Serena
- Restaurants in La Serena
- Shopping in La Serena
- Warnings and Dangers in La Serena
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in La Serena
- 9 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to La Serena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Serena
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues