"Pucon" Top 5 Page for this destination Pucón by elsadran
Pucón Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 136 photos
Pucon, a very touristic city, can be relaxing or very hectic depending on your mood. There are up market hotels and restaurants and a very well-organised touristic network. But you can easily find your way with low budget, too. The sandy beach is fully packed in peak season but there are a lot of other things to do. Water skiing and snow skiing, horse riding, thermal springs and spas, trekking and mountaineering, white water rafting and kayaking, mountain biking, canopying, bird watching, golf, fishing and volcano climbing. There are big fiestas and local events as Rodeos. Pucon has been a tourist resort for 100 years, with the support of the European settlers. It's the major adventure center in Chile of southern Chile.
It is blessed having two nice beaches on Villarica lake and the continuously smoking volcano on the other side. More lakes, rivers and volcanoes are in short distances.
Finally there is Villarica very near, a very pleasant town with a lot of colour and some lovely little villages reached by short bus rides in wonderful surroundings. apuches, the largest ethnic group in Chile, you can meet with local food and handicraft in the village markets.
Volcano Villarica is the dominating view from every spot.
Park Huerquehue is near, with excellent paths and majestic views of the beautiful lakes and rivers !!!
- Pros:too touristic..
- Cons:but very interesting..!!!
Just 17 kms from Pucon there lies a magnificent scenery of roaring cascades coming through underground paths from Lake... more travel advice
Canopying is also very popular here in Pucon as there are tall trees and rivers. It involves hanging from leather... more travel advice
elsadran's Related Pages
Pucón Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pucon Page"
- "Under the volcano!"
- "Pucon: Chile's Active Vacation Capital"
- "Pucón Family Stay and Independance Day"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pucón
- 7 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Pucón?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pucón
Photos in PucónSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 94 reviews, 375 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 46 reviews, 239 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 50 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 53 reviews, 204 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prefecture of Ioannina Intro, 31 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 33 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 32 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 25 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues