"My Kingston and Wolfe Island page" Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston by marielexoteria

Kingston Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 393 photos

Kingston, not Jamaica ;)

We did a road trip to Kingston, where my hosts thought they could take a tour to see Thousand Islands....well, this is true but apparently if you get there early enough to visit a travel agent or something because tour operators shone with their absence hehe. Instead, we went to Wolfe Island.

Kingston was once the capital of Canada and now it's a small city conveniently located between Ottawa and Toronto.

We only had a pit stop for lunch here but I managed to take some pictures.

Wolfe Island, the biggest of the Thousand Islands

We took the free ferry to Wolfe Island from Kingston. Drive 11km and take the ferry to Cape Vincent, NY (but we didn't do it), otherwise embrace the colors and the beautiful houses around the pier even tho the weather wasn't the best :)

A splash of Gananoque (pronounced ga-na-naw-kway)

We drove around Gananoque on our way home from Kingston and we admired the Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations some houses had (no pictures of them tho :(). From here you can take a boat tour to/around the Thousand Islands but the children that were with me were too tired so we didn't do it.

• Last visit to Kingston: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2008

Comments

marielexoteria

“PPP by VT'er pcg821”

Badges & Stats in Kingston

Have you been to Kingston?