"Of beer, chocolate and comic books" Brussels by marielexoteria

Brussels Travel Guide: 5,748 reviews and 12,286 photos

The (political) capital of Europe

Brussels is one of those underrated cities that sometimes even sound boring. I admit I was at fault in thinking that there's not much to see or do in this laid back capital, and the fact that I didn't find any tourist guide that enhanced the positives of this city didn't help me much either.

Due to a great flight deal, we came to the political capital of Europe and home of the NATO headquarters. A city (and country) famous for chocolate, beer and comic strips, divided or united by language (it depends on who you ask).

• Intro Updated Mar 15, 2010

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Music Museum and Chocolate tasting, both sound good to me!

• aliamiri's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Mariel, I got some useful info from your Brussels page, so thank you very much!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Hi Mariel, I'm glad you liked the Musical Instrument Museum. I go to those all over Europe, and the one in Brussels is definitely one of the best (and newest).

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Aunque ya conozco la ciudad, espero dejarme caer otra vez cualquier día

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2010 at 5:24 AM

An interesting page Mariel, thanks for sharing ! And I have to tell you that I am really very glad to learn that there is a Jeanneken Pis as well now !!!

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Great page about our EU capital, Mariel. I didn't know that Manneken Pis got female competition. But being in front of Delirium Bar explains her behaviour ;o))

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Fantastic page Mariel!! I love the 2nd Atomium pic :o) ....Coconut beer?.... sounds wierd! B&B looks like it was a great choice!! :o) Hugs, Ann.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2010 at 6:03 AM

Hello, Mariel ! Thanks for your page here! ><>><

marielexoteria

“PPP by VT'er pcg821”

Badges & Stats in Brussels

Have you been to Brussels?

Latest Activity in Brussels