"Home of Legoland, HC Andersen and butter cookies" Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark by marielexoteria

Denmark Travel Guide: 7,312 reviews and 19,520 photos

If truth be told, I had all the tips in their respective cities but I thought that instead of having one city with one tip, and so on, it might look better if I moved my tips altogether to "Denmark". The only exception is Copenhagen but that's because I'm too lazy ;)

Denmark...before moving to Europe, what I "knew" about Denmark was:

- the capital's name
- butter cookies
- Danish cheese
- Hans Christian Andersen.

Now I know that:

- Denmark is a monarchy with Queen Margrete as the first woman. I think Anders Fogh is the prime minister
- Copenhagen is located on the island of Själland (I think, I always confuse all the islands)
- there's a bridge connecting Copenhagen with Malmö
- taxis are cheaper in Aalborg than in Sweden
- Danish is weird (joking neighbors) ;)
- Danes are more laid back and friendly towards strangers than Swedes (no offense to anyone but that's how I experienced it).

Uninteresting trivia:butter cookies are traditional snacks during Christmas in my country. There hasn't been a year that my family hasn't bought one or 2 tins. Unfortunately I don't get the good ones here in Sweden hehe.

• Pros:Cool, laid back people, interesting sights
  • Cons:(Not so) Expensive
  • In a nutshell:Denmark has to be experienced
  • Last visit to Denmark: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 29, 2008

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Waht do you mean, (Not so) Expensive. Does that mean, it's not expensive? Because that's what I thought. The only thing that was expensive was food, and beer. Everything else was cheap. Tell me where else you can buy airport souveniers for $7. LOL

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Ah, I'd love to go to Skagen one day, especially for the wind :-)) That poor little church! Oh and the Legoland figures and buildings are sooo cute!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Nice overview of the rest of Denmark, outside of Copenhagen. In your photo the tower of the Buried Church looks freshly painted. Do they keep it in good repair even though the rest of the building in buried in the sand?

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2008 at 11:08 AM

I love this place where the two seas meet. Its a nice walking area,too. Skagen is my favorite Danish region.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2008 at 11:33 PM

nice page neighbour. you seem to roam the with everything from legoland to æbleskiver:O) you seem roam around the northern part of denmark quite a bit.

marielexoteria Used To Live Here!

marielexoteria

“PPP by VT'er pcg821”

Badges & Stats in Denmark

Have you been to Denmark?