"Home of Legoland, HC Andersen and butter cookies" Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark by marielexoteria
Denmark Travel Guide: 7,319 reviews and 19,537 photos
If truth be told, I had all the tips in their respective cities but I thought that instead of having one city with one tip, and so on, it might look better if I moved my tips altogether to "Denmark". The only exception is Copenhagen but that's because I'm too lazy ;)
Denmark...before moving to Europe, what I "knew" about Denmark was:
- the capital's name
- butter cookies
- Danish cheese
- Hans Christian Andersen.
Now I know that:
- Denmark is a monarchy with Queen Margrete as the first woman. I think Anders Fogh is the prime minister
- Copenhagen is located on the island of Själland (I think, I always confuse all the islands)
- there's a bridge connecting Copenhagen with Malmö
- taxis are cheaper in Aalborg than in Sweden
- Danish is weird (joking neighbors) ;)
- Danes are more laid back and friendly towards strangers than Swedes (no offense to anyone but that's how I experienced it).
Uninteresting trivia:butter cookies are traditional snacks during Christmas in my country. There hasn't been a year that my family hasn't bought one or 2 tins. Unfortunately I don't get the good ones here in Sweden hehe.
- Pros:Cool, laid back people, interesting sights
- Cons:(Not so) Expensive
- In a nutshell:Denmark has to be experienced
A "French" hot dog is the classic hot dog we know and love (or at least I do hehe), but instead of having the bread cut... more travel advice
This place is full of history - viking history. Lindholm Hills is a burial site and former viking settlement. It's... more travel advice
marielexoteria's Related Pages
Denmark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the place where my grandma came from"
- "COPENHAGEN-One of Europes Oldest cities..."
- "On top of Denmark"
- "Home of Legoland, HC Andersen and butter cookies"
- "DENMARK - welcome to Scandanavia!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denmark
- Hotels in Denmark
- Transportation in Denmark
- Nightlife in Denmark
- Restaurants in Denmark
- Shopping in Denmark
- Warnings and Dangers in Denmark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denmark
- 52 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 67 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Denmark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denmark
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 81 reviews, 116 photos
- Iceland Intro, 47 reviews, 99 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 87 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 67 photos
- Beijing Intro, 26 reviews, 75 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos
- Oslo Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue