Oslo Transportation Tips by marielexoteria
Oslo Transportation: 253 reviews and 279 photos
Flexicard halfway used
We decided to buy the Flexikort (flexicard) because we weren't sure of how much public transportation we were gonna use, plus the Oslo Pass wasn't gonna save us some money on this visit.
The Flexikort has 8 coupons that you stamp on entering the subway or getting on the boat/tram/ferry and can be used by several people by stamping one field of the card per person. It will give you unlimited access to all forms of SL public transportation in Oslo (up until and including Lilleström and Skedsmokorset) within an hour.
As of Sept 2009 the cost of this card is 180 NOK for adults and 90 NOK for children.
Adult Oslo Pass
This card includes all means of transportation within Oslo (up to zone 4) on NSB (the Norwegian railways) and SL (Stor-Oslo Lokaltrafikk). If you choose to get around by car, you can park for free with this card. The card comes in 24, 48 and 72 hours, and must be validated on the first use.
I find that this card will give you the most value for your money if most of the sights you're seeing are covered by it. The first time I visited Oslo, it definitely paid off to have one.
Buy it online in the comfort of your hometown, print the voucher you get on your e-mail and pick it up at Trafikanten at Karl Johans gate, the Tourist Information Centers or at some of the hotels as of visitoslo.com.
Edit Sept 2009: A map of Oslo's transport zones can be found here (PDF file). Note that the card includes transportation up until (and including) Lilleström and Skedsmokorset, and from there you pay the fare to/from Gardemoen airport.
View from the boat - at Frederikshavn harbor
I liked the experience of taking a boat that cruised the other side of Sweden. Stena Line is nice, but I found it expensive when it comes to the food aspect. And you gotta eat, right? I enjoyed their little movie theater (kino) :)
Going to Oslo we didn't rent any cabin, and it was so beautiful to see Norway on one side and Sweden on the other. The only bad thing is that the wind was cold! Also, the harbor is at walking distance from Trafikanten (about 20 minutes), where you can buy your tram tickets, get free maps and info about the city.
Oddly enough, from DK we weren't allowed to book the meals at the times we wanted to eat them so we had to book them at the boat after leaving the harbor (but it looks like now you can do that).
Going back to Denmark was another story hehe. The water was hitting the boat hard! But then that's what happens on that part of the world, and I was used to the tranquil waters between SE and FI.
Trafikanten is the place to go if you have questions about how to go where you want to, buying tickets or picking up (or buying) your Oslo pass. They're very friendly and helpful.
More Reviews (18)
- Bondens marked
- See All Boats
- See All Tips to cut down the costs in Oslo
- See All Viking Ship museum
marielexoteria's Related Pages
Oslo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OSLO - NORWAY´S CAPITAL CITY."
- "oslo my home (bomb) town"
- "The fantastic capital of Norway"
- "My Own Private Oslo"
- "Oslo: Scratch below for the real soul"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oslo
- Hotels in Oslo
- Transportation in Oslo
- Nightlife in Oslo
- Restaurants in Oslo
- Shopping in Oslo
- Warnings and Dangers in Oslo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nea Iraklia Hotels
- Ozora Hotels
- Pulau Libaran Hotels
- Isla Margarita Hotels
Badges & Stats in Oslo
- 22 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 39 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Oslo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oslo
- Posted in Travel Santo Domingo Forum "Re: Dominica Republic, Hotel by..."
- Commented on one of Ekaterinburg's Oslo travel pages
- updated a Oslo Travel Page "Welcome to frigging expensive (but beautiful) Oslo"
- Uploaded a Photo to "the main street of downtown Oslo?"
- Wrote a Review Bondens marked in Oslo Shopping
Photos in OsloSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 81 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 47 reviews, 99 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 87 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 67 photos
- Beijing Intro, 26 reviews, 75 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos
- Oslo Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (173)
Latest Oslo hotel reviews
- Grand Hotel Oslo
- 413 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Radisson Sas Plaza Hotel Oslo
- 488 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Gardemoen Bed & Breakfast
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 8, 2013
- Anker Hotel Oslo
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Tulip Inn Rainbow Norrona Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- City Hotel AS
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Ellingsens pensjonat
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- Holmenkollen Park Hotel Rica Oslo
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Thon Hotel Munch
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- First Hotel Grims Grenka
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Evjen Bed and Breakfast
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Thon Hotel Astoria Oslo
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Rica Hotel Oslo
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Thon Spectrum
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Scandic K.N.A
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Vigelandsparken- 133 Reviews, 296 Photos
- Vikingship museum (Viking skip museum)- 65 Reviews, 125 Photos
- Oslo City Hall- 63 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Akershus Fortress- 83 Reviews, 188 Photos
- Aker Brygge- 41 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Kon Tiki Museum- 40 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Holmenkollen- 68 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Karl Johansgate- 33 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Norwegian Folk museum- 53 Reviews, 130 Photos
- The Royal Palace- 51 Reviews, 84 Photos
See All Oslo Things to Do