"The beginning and the end for Lennakatten" Faringe by marielexoteria
Faringe Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 19 photos
Lennakatten is how the steam trains running from Uppsala to Faringe are known locally. These locomotives are a rare sight and are entirely supported by the society "Stockholm-Roslagen Järnvägar museiförening", only by the membership fees or private donations.
Taking these trains is a fun way to spend a day and travel to places where there's limited or no public transportation, and where being surrounded by nature is the #1 priority.
This trip I took today was arranged by the neighborhood where I live, and we were about 25 people, so we got also a little "behind the scenes" tour at the workshop where the trains are maintained and restored.
Three minor old things, that are still in use, caught my eye today. Picture 1: this is an old SJ (the national company... more travel advice
The views on the (rail)road toward Faringe have a lot of contrasts: nice upscale Uppsala suburbs, some houses falling... more travel advice
marielexoteria's Related Pages
Faringe Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Faringe
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Faringe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Faringe
- Posted in Travel Santo Domingo Forum "Re: Dominica Republic, Hotel by..."
- Commented on one of Jumping's Faringe travel pages
- updated a Faringe Travel Page "The beginning and the end for Lennakatten"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The beginning and the end for Lennakatten"
- Wrote a Review Old things along the railroad in Faringe Favorites
Photos in FaringeSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 81 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 47 reviews, 99 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 87 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 67 photos
- Beijing Intro, 26 reviews, 75 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos
- Oslo Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue