"My favorite Swedish town" Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala by marielexoteria

Uppsala Travel Guide: 341 reviews and 927 photos

Uppsala is the first major city I visited upon moving to Sweden and I instantly fell in love with it. It's small and cozy but still gives you the feeling of being in a big city - a small big city as I read on a paper somewhere.

Not only Uppsala is the 4th city in Sweden when it comes to population, but it's also one of the biggest student towns. It's home to the oldest university in Sweden and to a lot of student "nations". I particularly like how cozy it feels to have a compact city center where basically everything is in close proximity.

Local scenes

Part of the city center from Stadsträdgården.

• Pros:Cozy, charming, lots of history
  • Cons:Road works make it impossible to transit by car
  • In a nutshell:A small big town
  • Intro Updated Jun 20, 2009

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Mariel, I just had to revisit your fabulous Uppsala page. I was here last week and really liked the city. A pity the Lennakatten steam train wasn't in operation.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM

more great tips!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 1:54 PM

The castle and museum are two of my more favorite things to see/do. You have done a nice job of showing the sites and describing them to the readers.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Ya me queda menos

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Hi Mariel! Thanks you for adding me to your friends list and virtually taking me to Uppsala with you. Ever since I joined VT, my interest for Sweden keeps growing and growing:) Cheers from Ankara, Pinar

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2009 at 5:09 AM

Good page, thanks for sharing.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Mariel, lovely page with brilliant photos of your favourite Swedish city. After I have visited Malmo, Goteborg and Stockholm, I should think about exploring Uppsala next. :-)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Hi thanks for visiting my Uppsala page - now Im visiting yours and I see why its in the Top5!interesting tips and nice photos. I hope one day I will be back in Sweden-so many more things to see....!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2008 at 1:45 AM

very useful main tips on Uppsala. You have also unusual pictures in the main page of Uppsala. I like them.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 8:21 AM

Very helpful tips, I would love to visit the dinosaur museum. Regína

marielexoteria Visits Here Frequently!

marielexoteria

“PPP by VT'er pcg821”

Badges & Stats in Uppsala

Have you been to Uppsala?