"My Mom's Hometown" Las Matas de Farfán by marielexoteria
Las Matas de Farfán Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Las Matas de Farfán, or Las Matas for short, is one of the biggest municipalities in San Juan province.
The town got its name from the place where a Spanish merchant called Bartolomé Farfán de los Godos used to do his business, which was at the shadow of some big trees (matas is a Dominican word for trees). First they named that part of the town and then the whole place.
Their patron saint is Santa Lucia and they celebrate the festivities in Her honor every 13th of December.
As a child, I used to spend part of my Summer vacation here when school was out.
marielexoteria's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Las Matas de Farfán
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Las Matas de Farfán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Matas de Farfán
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 81 reviews, 116 photos
- Iceland Intro, 47 reviews, 99 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 87 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 67 photos
- Beijing Intro, 26 reviews, 75 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos
- Oslo Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue