"Come to Samaná, to enjoy this beautiful place!" Santa Bárbara de Samaná by marielexoteria
Santa Bárbara de Samaná Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 66 photos
Samaná is one of the few unspoiled places we have in my country. It offers beautiful beaches, relaxation and an OK nightlife outside the resorts (not so much tho because it's a small place).
Samaná has a high season and that's between mid January and mid March, where the lovely humpback whales come to the reservoir Banco de la Plata (silver bank) to either mate or give birth to their young. Because there aren't as many hotels as in the other tourist towns, the prices are high but don't despair! Most hotels from around the country, as well as a lot of tour companies, offer day tours to see these amazing creatures.
Edit Apr 2009: wanna see an old video of Samaná? The rum company Barceló made a series of commercials featuring provinces and you can see the one from Samaná on Youtube.
- Pros:Still unspoiled
The beach the hotel had access to has fine sand but it's mixed with shell pieces and small rocks, which is why it's not... more travel advice
There's a free shuttle from the hotel to the city, which is quite close. Check out the schedule sheet outside the lobby. more travel advice
marielexoteria's Related Pages
Santa Bárbara de Samaná Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Come to Samaná, to enjoy this beautiful place!"
- "Cruise Ship Port"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Hotels in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Transportation in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Restaurants in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- 19 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Santa Bárbara de Samaná?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
Photos in Santa Bárbara de SamanáSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 81 reviews, 116 photos
- Iceland Intro, 47 reviews, 99 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- New York City Intro, 30 reviews, 87 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 67 photos
- Beijing Intro, 26 reviews, 75 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos
- Oslo Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue