"A world beyond the books" clarelim's Profile
Ever wondered what you'll do if you won $1 million in the lottery? Did you think about travelling the world as your first expenditure? Or was it that car, or house you've been eyeing?
It's so amazing to see the world revolve, especially beneath the eyes of different members on virtualtourist and it's a real pleasure to be able to share my experiences, good, bad, ugly, with you.
In 2005, I made my first trip to Japan and caught the bug of going back again and again.
If you've been to Japan, you'll understand what's so magical about the place, culture, people... and in 2007, i decided to go alone, so i did, 3 times... from Feb - April... and now am absolutely broke, but gonna make my way up to Beijing in August!
If you worked hard in life and spent it mostly on travelling, I don't see a reason why you should regret when you die. :) These experiences last forever.
Round Central Europe in 12 days, that's like speed dating except there's no one there to really annoy you...
Besides Paris and Luzern being my favourite cities, if you have time do visit Titisee, Black Forest.
I would recommend you to put up at a night or 2 at the Hofgut Sternen Best Western Hotel, it's really great in Spring, cold at some point, but the warmth of the country style cottage will soothe it.
Absolutely peaceful and serene. The Pork knuckles and breakfast are also sensational there...
The Rhine Falls or Schaffhausen, is the largest waterfall in Europe. I like this place for its simplicity and tranquility.
On a nice, breezy day in Spring, enjoy feeling the sprout of light mist on your cheeks as you gaze at the intensity of each plunge of the waterfall. Beautiful swans are by the lake, chillin', people are walking their dogs, its a lovely place to stop by and savour some yummy hot dogs which use quality sausages.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 9 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Wrote a Review Dom du Koln (Cologne Cathedral) about Cologne Cathedral/ Kölner Dom in Cologne Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dom du Koln (Cologne Cathedral)"
updated their Profile Page "A world beyond the books"
- created a Hakone Travel Page "Beautiful sights, sounds, smells"
- Commented on borneo60's profile page
Top 5 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Hakone Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Cologne 1 review, 2 photos
- Schaffhausen 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos