"Szczawnica" Szczawnica by betako3
Szczawnica Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 116 photos
One of the most picturesque spas in Poland. It's got plenty to offer. Firstly, many beautiful hiking trails start or go through Szczawnica, both Polish and Slovakian ones, as Szczawnica is a border town. Along some trails you'll come across authentic shephard's huts where you can get firsthand freshly smoked cheese made from sheep's milk It's called Oscypek and it's a certified regional product of the South of Poland.
If you're not keen on hiking you can use a bike to go aronud the place. There are many bicycle lanes (including the famous one going through the gorge along the Dunajec river - probably most famous in Poland) as well as bike trails in the mountains. There are quite a few bike rents so don't worry if you haven't got your own one.
Szczawnica is also famous for rafting along the Dunajec, which is a mountain river but rafting here is pretty safe.
Isn't that a great start of the day to see something like this first thing in the morning? This is what I saw one Sunday... more travel advice
The landscape reserve of Biala Woda was established to protect the valley of White Water stream in 1963 and covers an... more travel advice
betako3's Related Pages
Szczawnica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vaya nombre! /What a name !"
- "The Beautiful & Quiet Szczawnica..."
- "To & From Szczawnica"
- "Szczawnica and Pieniny"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Szczawnica
- Hotels in Szczawnica
- Transportation in Szczawnica
- Nightlife in Szczawnica
- Restaurants in Szczawnica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Szczawnica
- 13 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Szczawnica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Szczawnica
Photos in SzczawnicaSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Intro, 35 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 33 reviews, 50 photos
- Szczawnica Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarnow Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Ciezkowice Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Rome Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Hurghada Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.