"Hello :)" betako3's Profile
My name is Beata. I was born and live in Tarnów, Poland, some 70 km from Kraków.
I like travelling because it lets me escape everyday routine, because I like discovering interesting places and things, meeting different people, experiencing things, generally. I never plan my trips to the last possible detail, I often leave things to chance and it gives me a thrill of adventure.
I like visiting all sorts of places; I like big cities for the culture and entertainment they offer. I love places where you can feel close to nature, national parks, nature reserves, or the simple countryside. I'm a great fan of hiking and I can recommend the still unspoiled beauty of Polish mountains to everyone. I'm very fond of animals, too, both wild and tame. I used to have a dog, now I keep a cat and I adore her, though the love is hardly reciprocated :)
I'd love to travel more. Compared with some other VT members I feel a mere travelling toddler. The place I'd like to visit most is New Zealand. The place that has fascinated me most so far - impossible to say.
I only speak Polish and English. I've never been able to learn German, probably because I've never tried hard enough.
I'm terrible with numbers, names, and all kind of factual information, so if you find any mistake of that kind on my travel pages, please, let me know. I must say I care more for the experience of the place than the facts I learn, though it's not always a rule.
Anyway, hope you'll enjoy my pages if you care to have a look :)
I've stumbled upon none, actually, but discovered a few cat related places :)
1. A nice Cat Gallery in one of the old. narrow streets surrounding the Church of Our Lady on Tyn.
2. I had lunch at a restaurant called 'U dwou kocek' (At Two She-Cats)...
3. ...and a beer or two at a greal traditional pub called 'U Zlateho Tygra' (The Golden Tiger). A tiger's a cat too, right?
Stray cats I saw somewhere on the way from Hurghada to Luxor. They were hungry and I think they relied on tourists as the only source of food.
One of many stray cats living in the ruins of Rome.
1. The hostel's pet - the big orange beauty (in the picture - waiting for its bowl of milk at the hostel bar)
2. Cats museum.
3. An advertising poster featuring two incredibly cute cats.
There was one cat visiting our hotel at meal times. No picture taken, however, I kept forgeting to bring my camera to the restaurant. Here's a picture of a cute puppy wandering about Goreme Open Air Museum instead :)
A word of explanation. I'm not nuts, I just happen to like cats, animals in general. And I figured presenting my travels from this unorthodox angle would be more fun :)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 177 Reviews
- 348 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Wrote a Review Staying in an old monastery in Prague Hotels
- Commented on BLewJay's profile page
- Posted in Travel Prague Forum "Re: vegetarian food in Prague"
- updated a Avtonomna Respublika Krym Travel Page "Crimea"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crimea"
updated their Profile Page "Hello :)"
Top 10 Pages
- Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Intro, 35 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 33 reviews, 50 photos
- Szczawnica Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarnow Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Ciezkowice Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Rome Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Hurghada Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.