"Hello :)" betako3's Profile

A few things about the author of this page

My name is Beata. I was born and live in Tarnów, Poland, some 70 km from Kraków.
I like travelling because it lets me escape everyday routine, because I like discovering interesting places and things, meeting different people, experiencing things, generally. I never plan my trips to the last possible detail, I often leave things to chance and it gives me a thrill of adventure.
I like visiting all sorts of places; I like big cities for the culture and entertainment they offer. I love places where you can feel close to nature, national parks, nature reserves, or the simple countryside. I'm a great fan of hiking and I can recommend the still unspoiled beauty of Polish mountains to everyone. I'm very fond of animals, too, both wild and tame. I used to have a dog, now I keep a cat and I adore her, though the love is hardly reciprocated :)
I'd love to travel more. Compared with some other VT members I feel a mere travelling toddler. The place I'd like to visit most is New Zealand. The place that has fascinated me most so far - impossible to say.
I only speak Polish and English. I've never been able to learn German, probably because I've never tried hard enough.
I'm terrible with numbers, names, and all kind of factual information, so if you find any mistake of that kind on my travel pages, please, let me know. I must say I care more for the experience of the place than the facts I learn, though it's not always a rule.
Anyway, hope you'll enjoy my pages if you care to have a look :)

Cats in Prague - January 2008

I've stumbled upon none, actually, but discovered a few cat related places :)
1. A nice Cat Gallery in one of the old. narrow streets surrounding the Church of Our Lady on Tyn.
2. I had lunch at a restaurant called 'U dwou kocek' (At Two She-Cats)...
3. ...and a beer or two at a greal traditional pub called 'U Zlateho Tygra' (The Golden Tiger). A tiger's a cat too, right?
Prague

Cats in Egypt - February 2005

Stray cats I saw somewhere on the way from Hurghada to Luxor. They were hungry and I think they relied on tourists as the only source of food.
Hurghada

Cats in Rome - 2006

One of many stray cats living in the ruins of Rome.
Rome

Cats in Amsterdam - 2007

1. The hostel's pet - the big orange beauty (in the picture - waiting for its bowl of milk at the hostel bar)
2. Cats museum.
3. An advertising poster featuring two incredibly cute cats.
Amsterdam

Cats in Alanya, Turkey - 2007

There was one cat visiting our hotel at meal times. No picture taken, however, I kept forgeting to bring my camera to the restaurant. Here's a picture of a cute puppy wandering about Goreme Open Air Museum instead :)
Alanya

A word of explanation. I'm not nuts, I just happen to like cats, animals in general. And I figured presenting my travels from this unorthodox angle would be more fun :)

• Intro Updated May 20, 2008

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Beata, wishing you a very happy birthday and a year filled with exciting travel!

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Happy birthday Beata . Wish you a wonderful day from rainy Belgium.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Hi Beata was nice to find you with your comments on kiwis page and as you most want to visit NZ and Im a waylaid NZer (still enjoying living and travelling around Europe etc) thought Id come to have a look at your HP and say hello!....and certainly a lot of cats in Turkey! was impressed how well they are cared for especially when street cats - we just had 4 weeks driving around Turkey and got back home a week ago - was fantastic!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Happy Birthday Beata! Have a great day!

• poppy6488's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Gorgeous cat Beata!
    And thanks for the visit and comments on my page.

• picek's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Czesc ;) yes... we mean 'yuck' by 'fuj'... good to know Polish would understand if I say 'fuj' somewhere - best to avoid it then, hehe :)

• boocik04's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2010 at 3:23 PM

happy birthday, beata... wishing you many more travels this blessed year :-)

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Hi Beata - wishing you a very happy birthday! Have a wonderful day. I see you take photos of cats during your travels the way I take photos of dogs during mine. :-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Hi Beata! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010 for you and your beloved ones! You are very, very welcome for Euromeet 2010 in Krakow, Poland! Please, think over it. We all need you in Krakow! We miss you! Smiles from both matcrazies ---> :-)))

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
betako3's Profile Photo

betako3

“attitude is a muscle you should flex every day”

Real Name