"Hello :)" betako3's Profile
My name is Beata. I was born and live in Tarnów, Poland, some 70 km from Kraków.
I like travelling because it lets me escape everyday routine, because I like discovering interesting places and things, meeting different people, experiencing things, generally. I never plan my trips to the last possible detail, I often leave things to chance and it gives me a thrill of adventure.
I like visiting all sorts of places; I like big cities for the culture and entertainment they offer. I love places where you can feel close to nature, national parks, nature reserves, or the simple countryside. I'm a great fan of hiking and I can recommend the still unspoiled beauty of Polish mountains to everyone. I'm very fond of animals, too, both wild and tame. I used to have a dog, now I keep a cat and I adore her, though the love is hardly reciprocated :)
I'd love to travel more. Compared with some other VT members I feel a mere travelling toddler. The place I'd like to visit most is New Zealand. The place that has fascinated me most so far - impossible to say.
I only speak Polish and English. I've never been able to learn German, probably because I've never tried hard enough.
I'm terrible with numbers, names, and all kind of factual information, so if you find any mistake of that kind on my travel pages, please, let me know. I must say I care more for the experience of the place than the facts I learn, though it's not always a rule.
Anyway, hope you'll enjoy my pages if you care to have a look :)
I've stumbled upon none, actually, but discovered a few cat related places :)
1. A nice Cat Gallery in one of the old. narrow streets surrounding the Church of Our Lady on Tyn.
2. I had lunch at a restaurant called 'U dwou kocek' (At Two She-Cats)...
3. ...and a beer or two at a greal traditional pub called 'U Zlateho Tygra' (The Golden Tiger). A tiger's a cat too, right?
Stray cats I saw somewhere on the way from Hurghada to Luxor. They were hungry and I think they relied on tourists as the only source of food.
One of many stray cats living in the ruins of Rome.
1. The hostel's pet - the big orange beauty (in the picture - waiting for its bowl of milk at the hostel bar)
2. Cats museum.
3. An advertising poster featuring two incredibly cute cats.
There was one cat visiting our hotel at meal times. No picture taken, however, I kept forgeting to bring my camera to the restaurant. Here's a picture of a cute puppy wandering about Goreme Open Air Museum instead :)
A word of explanation. I'm not nuts, I just happen to like cats, animals in general. And I figured presenting my travels from this unorthodox angle would be more fun :)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 176 Reviews
- 344 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Posted in Travel Prague Forum "Re: vegetarian food in Prague"
- updated a Avtonomna Respublika Krym Travel Page "Crimea"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crimea"
- Commented on poppy6488's profile page
- Wrote a Review View from Beresnik in Szczawnica Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "Hello :)"
Top 10 Pages
- Tatrzanski Park Narodowy Intro, 35 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos
- Szczawnica Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarnow Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Ciezkowice Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Rome Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Hurghada Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos