"Hello and welcome to my page" jdm267's Profile

Hello

This is my home page. I live in the City of New York. As with everyone else here, I enjoy traveling, living and eating well and making the most of my short time here.

I hope you enjoy and I look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Now that the introduction is out of the way, lets get down to brass tactics.

Much of the allure of traveling to different cities comes from three characteristics, which I will call the opposite sex, food and nightlife. Agreed?

Now it is true that one can find these three in any city in the world. However, in a city the size of New York, focus is needed. Without focus, you are liable to end up in ***ty bars on the upper east and west side asking yourself, why I am here. For the sake of your sanity and hedonistic enjoyment in nyc, I suggest focusing on the neighborhoods briefly mentioned below.

NYC Nightlife:

I think I speak for every nycer under 30 when I say that there is nothing to speak of above 34th Street regarding nightlife. This is good news as we can eliminate most of the island of Manhattan and focus on excellent nightlife and dining as opposed to just average nightlife and dining.

Most of the trendy and happening bars and restaurants are below 14th Street. Check out these neighborhoods:

The meat packing district ($$$$ and overrated),

West Village (ok, there are a handful of worthy bars and a surplus of great restaunts - AOC Bedford is fantastic and a great dining experience)

East Village (great bars and restaurants, excellent for bar hopping and debauchery)

Lower East Side (great bars, music scene, hipsters and my favorite french restaurnat - Casanis)

Downtown below canal street (yeah, I guess there is some stuff there as well)

Williamsburg Brooklyn (hipster central, great bars, restaurants, hipsters, hipsters, hipsters, hipsters, great live music)

Boerum Hill Brooklyn (Smith Street has many excellent restaurants and bars-I love Smith Street)
Park Slope Brooklyn (local brooklynites enjoying electic and fun restaurants and bars)

• Intro Updated Oct 27, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jdm267's Profile Photo

jdm267

“I can't believe it's not butter”

Real Name