"Hello and welcome to my page" jdm267's Profile
This is my home page. I live in the City of New York. As with everyone else here, I enjoy traveling, living and eating well and making the most of my short time here.
I hope you enjoy and I look forward to meeting you all.
Now that the introduction is out of the way, lets get down to brass tactics.
Much of the allure of traveling to different cities comes from three characteristics, which I will call the opposite sex, food and nightlife. Agreed?
Now it is true that one can find these three in any city in the world. However, in a city the size of New York, focus is needed. Without focus, you are liable to end up in ***ty bars on the upper east and west side asking yourself, why I am here. For the sake of your sanity and hedonistic enjoyment in nyc, I suggest focusing on the neighborhoods briefly mentioned below.
I think I speak for every nycer under 30 when I say that there is nothing to speak of above 34th Street regarding nightlife. This is good news as we can eliminate most of the island of Manhattan and focus on excellent nightlife and dining as opposed to just average nightlife and dining.
Most of the trendy and happening bars and restaurants are below 14th Street. Check out these neighborhoods:
The meat packing district ($$$$ and overrated),
West Village (ok, there are a handful of worthy bars and a surplus of great restaunts - AOC Bedford is fantastic and a great dining experience)
East Village (great bars and restaurants, excellent for bar hopping and debauchery)
Lower East Side (great bars, music scene, hipsters and my favorite french restaurnat - Casanis)
Downtown below canal street (yeah, I guess there is some stuff there as well)
Williamsburg Brooklyn (hipster central, great bars, restaurants, hipsters, hipsters, hipsters, hipsters, great live music)
Boerum Hill Brooklyn (Smith Street has many excellent restaurants and bars-I love Smith Street)
Park Slope Brooklyn (local brooklynites enjoying electic and fun restaurants and bars)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 29 Reviews
- 92 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- updated a Montreal Travel Page "Wow, Montreal is one happening city"
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: bars outside of city center"
- Wrote a Review Waterfalls? in Bologna Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Waterfalls?"
- Commented on ranger49's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Hello and welcome to my page"
Top 5 Pages
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Dublin Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Montreal Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Bologna Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- France Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22507 Reviews - 55085 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15666 Reviews - 31356 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3730 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12025 Reviews - 26772 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos