"Alba Iulia: Old Transylvanian Capital" Alba Iulia by hungariangirl896
Alba Iulia Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 81 photos
Alba Iulia, or Gyulafehervar, is a medium-sized city in central Romania. This is a historically important city for many people, since it was the old Transylvanian capital. It is significant in Hungarian, Romanian, and Saxon history. There are several medieval buildings in Alba Iulia that are good for history lovers. This town is not at all touristy, which is one reason why I enjoyed taking a stroll in the evening.
- Pros:interesting historical sights
- Cons:not much else to do...
- In a nutshell:A Romanian town worth a stop if you have some extra time
This cathedral was built sometime in the 13th century. This is another historically important site in Alba Iulia and... more travel advice
Alba Carolina Fortress is one of the biggest fortresses in Eastern Europe. When walking up to the citadel, you can see a... more travel advice
hungariangirl896's Related Pages
Alba Iulia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Citadels, tunnels and cathedrals"
- "Alba Iulia-Tourist attractions"
- "The legend of Alba Iulia"
- "Alba Iulia: Old Transylvanian Capital"
- "Historic Alba Iulia"
- "Journey to Transylvania"
- "The hiden Alba Iulia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alba Iulia
- Hotels in Alba Iulia
- Transportation in Alba Iulia
- Nightlife in Alba Iulia
- Restaurants in Alba Iulia
- Warnings and Dangers in Alba Iulia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alba Iulia
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Alba Iulia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alba Iulia
Photos in Alba IuliaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 159 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Cluj-Napoca Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Banska Stiavnica Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Debrecen Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Diosjeno Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Brasov Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Alba Iulia Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Corund Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos