"My Travels" hungariangirl896's Profile

The Travels of a Soul Deep with Dreams

I have a great love and appreciation for travel, history, art, culture, music, and adventure. I travel to new places to learn new things and find adventure. Reading helps me learn the history of all my favorite places. I visit museums, galleries, and interesting sights in order to see the artistic side of places. Going to interesting, exotic, and unique restaurants helps me learn about other cultures. I bellydance in order to celebrate other countries' music (and culture) as well as my own background. My Romani and Eastern European background has also contributed to my love for travel.

"We are all wanderers on this earth, our hearts are full of wonder and our souls are deep with dreams". -Romani proverb

Aaaahhhh...Budapest! :)

So...this year and especially this summer have been interesting, fun, and amazing so far. :)

What can I say about Budapest? For me it's simply a magical city filled with all sorts of treasures and surprises. I visited the city a couple times as a young teenager to learn more about my roots and fell in love with the city. About six months after I turned 18 in July 2010, I finally made the move...but it wasn't easy at first! :)

I came to Budapest this past January for about 10 days and also visited Szentendre, which is a nice town on the Danube. I had to wait six months before I could leave North Carolina for Hungary, and interestingly enough I spent most of that time immersing myself in Greek culture at a Greek social club by doing one of my favorite pastimes: bellydancing! :)

Since I've moved, I've had so many travel opportunities! I got to explore Visegrad Castle and Vac during interesting festivals. I've seen many towns in the Nograd county of Northern Hungary, and most recently I spent 8 days traveling around Romania in the Transylvania region.

I'm already planning my next trip! :)

I also want to add another detail about my VT pages, which are slowly but surely being written. Although I'm a big history buff, I don't think it's really necessary for me to write paragraph after paragraph about a places history unless it is a really obscure place or something that was really significant. This doesn't mean I won't write about history at all...some details here and there, but mostly about the things that I did, saw, ate, drank, and experienced. Of course all of this is with my husband and travel companion Zoltan. :)

Update: I can't believe it's been 3 years since I moved to Budapest. Although I love living here and experiencing new things, sometimes I miss being in the South and my favorite state, Florida. I miss being able to go to a local BBQ joint and getting a pulled pork sandwich with lots of sauce, coleslaw, macaroni & cheese, a cheerwine to drink, and banana pudding for dessert. I miss hearing that familiar accent. On the other hand, the fact that I can go a couple minutes down the street and get some delicious cognac cherry cake, a good espresso, some gelato, or out-of-this-world stuffed cabbage and only having to travel 2 hours by plane to the Greek Islands doesn't really bother me either.

I guess that's just part of having 2 homes and realizing that every place no matter where has its pros and cons.

Since I've moved here, I've been traveling more than ever before. I saw A LOT of new places in Hungary and made multiple trips to Vienna. I saw the Greek Islands and coastal Turkey. I've explored Slovakia and Czech Republic as well as Transylvania. In just a matter of weeks I'll be on my way to explore Florence and Tuscany. Next years trips to London and Croatia are already being planned.

I'm excited to see what the future holds :))

• Intro Updated Jul 15, 2013

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Deanna, may all your dreams come true!...

• katalin's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Szia Anna!
    Köszönöm az érdeklődést! Hamarosan megnézem a fényképeidet!

• philosykos's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Greetings from Athens!

• rudysmom626's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Hi Deanna!

Just wanted to let you know we featured one of your photos from Romania on our VT Facebook page - you can check it out here: facebook.com/VirtualTourist?...

Keep up the awesome photos and tips!
    Blake aka Rudysmom626

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Please look at my
    Photo Library > WILD FLOWERS OF ANTALYA page.

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Dear Deanna, thank you so much to add me as a VT friend. You are so kind and cute. When you want to visit my country please informed me before coming. It is great pleasure to help you as a VT guide. Have a nice day to you,,

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM

I visited your very nice and also informative VT travel pages. Budapest, Rhodos Island, Ladika Bay and Lake Balaton look very nice. And so delicious eatings, Turkish coffee, hot spiced wine....hımmmmmm my mouth is salivate now..friendly greetings from sunny Antalya,TURKEY:

• bakalapoe's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Hi, Deanna! I'm sure that you enjoyed Symi...Your member-photo is the witness. Apart from your excellent photos, I assume that your knowledge of the Greek language is rather good since you write all the toponyms very carefully. Pleased to read your pages.

• jekins's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Hi,nice pic

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Hello from sunny and very hot Greece. Are you living in Budapest? How do you like living there compared to S. Carolina? Janet

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
hungariangirl896's Profile Photo

hungariangirl896

“"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list."”

Real Name