"Blackburn" Blackburn by leecouk12324
Blackburn Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 47 photos
Pic Above - Sunrise behind the New Town Hall in Blackburn
400m from my home
For years the town keeps wanting to become a City
In my opinion it is not good enough - i think nearby Preston got City status and was fully deserved
Blackburn has a pop i think of 140,000 - but i think this includes a small place called Darwen as well
There is a Premiership football team - Blackburn Rovers
The most famous signing we had in recent history was Alan Shearer who had many caps for England.
Population of town is spread through a wide area so there are many green areas - especially on outskirts of town
There is a Canal - the Leeds & Liverpool Canal which runs through the town and is very attractive for walking and cycling.
Witton Country Park and Pleasington to the West of the town is very attractive for walking and recreation and is a beautiful landmark that can be seen from almost anywhere in Blackburn as at the back is the hill - Billinge Hill.
Our most famous resident is perhaps Mr Jack Straw who is the Foreign Secretary for government.
The town has a very diverse community with many people from India and Pakistan and more recently - from many countries from East Europe.
There are direct trains to Blackburn from Manchester - so about twice a year i often go to the big city.
Preston is also near by and is a very attractive small University City with a thriving young population
- Pros:Nice countryside around town
My favourite bit of countryside around Blackburn is Witton Park and Pleasington - and then going towards Houghton... more travel advice
The Leeds to Liverpool Canal is the longest canal in the UK - i think it is 127 miles The canal comes right through the... more travel advice
leecouk12324's Related Pages
Blackburn Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Blackburn
- 9 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Blackburn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blackburn
Photos in BlackburnSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Blackburn Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wales Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rovinj Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Man Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Manchester Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Avignon Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Blackpool Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Blackburn hotel reviews
- Travelodge Blackburn M65 (Junction 4 M65 Motorway.)
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013