"Attard - One Of "The Three Villages"" Top 5 Page for this destination Attard by steventilly
Attard Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 45 photos
"The Three Villages" are Attard, Balzan and Lija. They are supposed to be one (or three?) of the most pleasant places to walk around on the whole of Malta. They're a mixture of old, narrow streets and newer streets of well-to-do houses lined with trees and shrubs. The three villages are close enough together that they basically merge into one, and there is a planned walk around the three of them.
One afternoon we decided to do this walk, but after just half an hour in Attard which was all spent around St. Mary's Church (pictured) we decided it was way too hot (about 40C) to be wandering around hot streets with no breeze and little shade. We got the bus back towards Sleima, got off at Msida and walked back the 2 or 3km along the edges of the creeks to Sleima.
The coolness of the breeze coming off the water was in great contrast to the breathless heat of The Three Villages. Next time we're in Malta we will do The Three Villages, but in the relative cool of morning!
- Pros:Very Pretty Streets And Houses
- Cons:Being Inland, Gets Very Hot After Midday
- In a nutshell:A Beautiful Area To Stroll Around (By Morning)
The streets between Attard and Balzan were quite narrow, and sometimes had cars parked along them. The bus had to go... more travel advice
steventilly's Related Pages
Attard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Attard, Lija and Balzan"
- "Attard, My Home"
- "Attard - One Of "The Three Villages""
- "The Village of Attard"
- "VT Meeting in Attard on 24 August 2007"
- "San Anton Gardens"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Attard
- Hotels in Attard
- Nightlife in Attard
- Restaurants in Attard
- Shopping in Attard
- Warnings and Dangers in Attard
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Attard
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Attard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Attard
- Posted in Travel Naxos Island Forum "Re: Naxos in April"
- Commented on one of sandysmith's Attard travel pages
- Wrote a Review Narrow Streets, Wide Busses in Attard Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Narrow Streets, Wide Busses"
- created a Attard Travel Page "Attard - One Of "The Three Villages""
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues