"Gozo" Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo by steventilly

Gozo Travel Guide: 493 reviews and 1,355 photos

Malta's Little Brother

Gozo is Malta's little brother, situated just a mile or two off it's North coast it is described by some as "Malta how it used to be". It certainly has a more sleepy and laid back feel, and doesn't really cater for mass tourism in the way the mainland does.
This makes it a very lovely place to visit in my view, and there is certainly plenty to see here. The first time we went just for a day, the second time for 3 days, the third time a whole week. Even after that it was hard to say goodbye, even though we were moving on to Malta.

• Last visit to Gozo: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 6, 2008

• Dec 31, 2008 at 9:09 AM

This restaurant serves typical Maltese food. You should try it!

• Mar 16, 2008 at 1:35 PM

This beach cafe has upgraded to a fish restaurant.It is open from March till November for lunch contact Noel tel no:79854007

• tophat30's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2006 at 2:47 AM

Impressed by your homework !! Good job and very nice pics. Just a small correction: Gozo is Malta's little sister not brother. tophat30 Malta.

• mirianamak's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2005 at 2:22 PM

Hi, I have enjoyed seeing your hp, especially part of Gozo ! I was back again with my mind, 20 years ago, when went there..Thanks for the page! Great one ! Regars from Makedonija , Mirjana

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 6:24 AM

This small island has many impressive churches. Great page

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 12:51 PM

We did have Ramla beach to ourselves!! San Blas looks lovely too...congrats on Gozo top page !

• dowdow's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 11:32 AM

Yes you're right about the fireworks but they have sooomeee regulations now ; )

• Mcclovis's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 11:21 AM

Malta's little brother?! What a surprise to hear that from an English person! We only refer to Gozo as male if we speak in Maltese! Anyway, glad u have had such a good time - we might have even met, unknowingly!

• Xemx's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 9:01 AM

LOL, "Malta's little brother"? I have it as its sister island on my Gozo page :-) You've done a great job here...nice to hear you enjoyed your holiday. Anne

• Feb 8, 2005 at 5:14 AM

We were freaked out by some of the roads, but yes the remote parts of Gozo are divine if you have the stomach to seek them out!

steventilly

“... Dreaming Of Islands ...”

Badges & Stats in Gozo