"Mgarr" Mgarr by steventilly
Mgarr Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 41 photos
Mgarr is the ferry port of Gozo. It's about 20 minutes crossing from the port of Cirkewwa on Malta to Mgarr, passing by the island of Comino as you go.
Mgarr is a small town, clustered around the harbour and the surrounding hillside. The road connections from there to the rest of the island are pretty good, in fact you can get from there to Dwejra, the most easterly point, in about 20 minutes, and to Victoria/Rabat (the capital) in abaout 10.
There are some really top class hotels in Mgarr (on the hills looking down onto the harbour) and a handful of decent restaurants and bars (on the street leading down to the harbour).
- Pros:Good Communications, Quite Picturesque, Quiet
- In a nutshell:A Good Base
There is no airport on Gozo so most people arrive by ferry from Malta. The regular ferry service (every 1/2 hour or so)... more travel advice
The night time views are pretty spectacular too, especially when the moon is full and in the right direction. The... more travel advice
steventilly's Related Pages
Mgarr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mgarr - the gateway to Gozo"
- "Mgarr (Malta)"
- "Mgarr Harbour, MT"
- "Welcome to Gozo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mgarr
- Hotels in Mgarr
- Transportation in Mgarr
- Restaurants in Mgarr
- Shopping in Mgarr
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mgarr
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Mgarr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mgarr
Photos in MgarrSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues