Marsaxlokk Favorite Tips by steventilly Top 5 Page for this destination
Marsaxlokk Favorites: 23 reviews and 32 photos
Favorite thing: Marsaxlokk church is a lovely colour. It stands in front of a square that also houses the "town hall" or whetever the village equivalent of that is (just next to the church).
The church has a lovely red dome (it's hard to get it into a picture) and from inside the dome is decorated in the usual lavish way.
Favorite thing: A last picture of the colourful views at marsaxlokk.
Favorite thing: We wondered about this blue crossed flag, especially as some of the other villages we'd passed on the way here seemed to be flying flags like this from almost every building. We found later that all Maltese towns & villages have their own flags and that some villages fly them more priminently than others. This flag shown here is the village flag of Marsaxlokk.
Marsaxlokk Police Station
Favorite thing: Strange place Malta. It makes me think of how I expect "wild west Mexico" to look, with Catctii, palms, dusty streets and flat roofed, slightly shabby buildings. This police station did nothing to dispel this view ;-)
Sue's Favourite Corner
Favorite thing: Sue liked this particular part of the waterfront. Her dream would be to restore this building to some sort of house, and come to live here...
Sue On The Waterfront
Favorite thing: The waterfront buldings are built in the traditional Maltese stone with its lovely honey colour. Some are houses, some are cafes, some are workshops. maybe with a flat above... All look a little shabby, but attractively so.
The Eye Of Osiris
Favorite thing: Many of the Luzzo are painted with The Eye Of Osiris. Osiris was a pagan Egypitian god, and his eye on the boat is indended to ward off evil while at sea. Despite their strong Catholic faith this pagan symbol has lived on in Malta.
Painting The Boats
Favorite thing: When we were there some of the fishermen were sprucing up their boats with a fresh coat of paint.
A Luzzo In Harbour
Favorite thing: These traditional fishing boats are very colourfully painted and look very beautiful against the blue sea.
More Reviews (9)
steventilly's Related Pages
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marsaxlokk ? boats, fish, sun, fun"
- "Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats"
- "Marsaxlokk - Port Scirocco"
- "Malta's largest fishing village"
- "My favourite place in Malta"
- "Quaint and colourful Marsaxlokk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marsaxlokk
- Hotels in Marsaxlokk
- Transportation in Marsaxlokk
- Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
- Shopping in Marsaxlokk
- Warnings and Dangers in Marsaxlokk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marsaxlokk
- 18 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Marsaxlokk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsaxlokk
Photos in MarsaxlokkSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues