"Kos Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Kos by steventilly

Kos Travel Guide: 329 reviews and 761 photos

One Of My Favourite Places

I loved Kos. From the moment we arrived we knew that it felt special and the following week proved that feeling to be 100% correct. There were many things to like about the place - the picturesque and bustling harbour, the magnifcent castle, the extensive (and free) archialogical sites, the lovely old-town and the wonderful nightlife.
The beaches were decent too if you went looking for them, and there's a great range of places to eat - Kos has been my favourite Greek island so far for eating. There's also good opportunities for cycling along the coast in both directions from Kos town, one (towards Psaladi) on a purpose made cycle track and the other (towards Tingak) on a little used back-road. It all added up to a truly wonderful week away.

• Pros:History, Food, Drink, Nightlife, People
  • Cons:Beaches
  • In a nutshell:One Of My Favourite Destinations
  • Last visit to Kos: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 19, 2006

Travelogues (1)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2009 at 2:14 PM

What a pretty and interesting place. Am going for a day trip from Bodrum, looks like I will have plenty to keep me busy for the day. Lovely photos.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2008 at 9:13 AM

will you ever finish this page - I think we will be going here in Oct, rather than Corsica - the weak pound means hols have been more expensive this year...and still switz to pay for

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for the great tips Steve. Going there end of June and so looking forward to it ;-)

• Jul 6, 2006 at 4:14 AM

The upper floors are still used by the Turkish community for prayers. My friend rents the shop on the other side which sells mainly handbags.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 9:37 AM

Well this place brings back some lovely memories for me, we spent a day here from our holidays in Bodrum, well done to you, cracking page.

• Bigs's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2005 at 12:21 PM

Oh would like some greek sun these days instead of the foggy days we have right now.....I wasn´ t able to see the town hall this morning.....

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2005 at 7:04 AM

Pics are being prepaired

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 3:39 PM

Nice tips on one of my favourite islands, Kos.

steventilly

“... Dreaming Of Islands ...”

Badges & Stats in Kos