"Crete" Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island by steventilly

Crete Island Travel Guide: 1,433 reviews and 3,755 photos

So Much To See & Do

Crete is a very large island, so large it could actually be a country. It has on it 5 or 6 largeish cities as well as numerous towns and villages. Most of the holiday resorts are on the North coast, and most of those to the East of Irakleon. If you're staying there you should make the effort to try to visit the West and the South, to see what else is on offer.
We stayed twin-centre, Rethymnon and Agias Nikolous, which are at the West and East respectively and we made trips from those places to Chania, Matala, Irakleon, Elounda, Sitea and a variety of archealogical sites. Those sites are a must - not just Knossos, the most famous, but also Gortys and especially Festos. The setting of this latter is wonderful, on a hill surrounded by olive groves and wild spring flowers.
Enkoy my page.

• Pros:Scenery, History, Beaches and Fine Food
  • Cons:Not A Single One
  • In a nutshell:Fantastic Holiday Destination
  • Last visit to Crete Island: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2006

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 4:42 AM

Great pages on the isle of Crete. I hope to go when I eventually travel to Greece.

• moonfroggy4's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 10:11 AM

thanks for sharing your experiences - great info and pictures. i'm getting more excited about my trip this fall and will definitely be using some of your tips.

• Lilasel's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2006 at 2:23 AM

what a lovely page, Steve!!! and gorgeous photos! greetings from France.

• Spincat's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2005 at 9:51 AM

Ages ago you gave me soem helpful info on Pepi studios when I was booking my trip this May. Thanks, we had a great time there! Meant to get back and say thanks before now

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2005 at 8:53 AM

just re-visiting...maybe ideas for next year.....surprised no restaurant tips here! yes i did say for next year not this one ;-0

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2005 at 9:25 AM

I am going through your Crete pages as I am planning a week there in September and I find useful information - Thanks Mary

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 8:38 AM

Hello. Interesting travel page with nice pictures! Greetings!

• mapakettle's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 9:53 PM

Thank you for your insight on Crete. I had island overload last night, had to return early this morning to finish...great pages. Ma Kettle and I are considering a visit in June. Pa

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2004 at 2:21 AM

Wonderful page especially it is about my favourite place on the world, I mean Crete Island. You both have visited really a lot there. Good job!!

• andrewwhite's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2004 at 2:48 AM

Seriously good pages Steve, top photo's & commentaries on one of my favourite islands.

steventilly

“... Dreaming Of Islands ...”

Badges & Stats in Crete Island

Have you been to Crete Island?

Latest Activity in Crete Island