"Liverpool Revisited" Liverpool by steventilly

Liverpool Travel Guide: 1,281 reviews and 2,296 photos

Long, Long Ago

I spent a little over a year living and working around Merseyside when I was just young lad starting out in the world (so not so long ago :-))) I lived in Runcorn, which stands on the banks of the river Mersey and is where the Manchester Ship Canal joins this great river. My time there was a happy one and I have great affection for the City of Liverpool and it's surrounding area, which I hope to share in this page.

And More Recently

Recently I returned there when Sabs was visiting to show her around and to meet up once again with two friends of ours, Sandy & Dave.

These Pages

The General Tips section is gonna read like a walking tour, basically in the order that we did things, which is a pretty logical and quick route around the city's sights.
My thanks to Sabs for borrowing some of her pics in the rare instance where they turned out better than mine :-P
Have fun.

• Pros:Beautiful Waterfront, Lots to See, Lots to Do
  • Cons:Too Much To See In A Day
  • In a nutshell:Great destination for a short break.
  • Last visit to Liverpool: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated May 15, 2003

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2005 at 11:25 AM

Please take a look at my Silifke page for more information about The 3 Graces.

• drgrcook's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2004 at 12:14 PM

Well done Steve, you covered a lot in one visit to Liverpool. What are people from Darlington known as?

• William1982's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2004 at 3:36 PM

Quality Liverpool pages steve, probably better info than me...., found these through Sabsi, happy u enjoyed the city, hopefully in 2008 we will be an even better city, with Everton as the top team obviously!!????

• JennJenn's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2004 at 9:21 AM

I didn't even realize there was a Chinatown in Liverpool..though I shouldn't be surprised. I've not actually been there anyway!

• Sep 2, 2003 at 12:19 AM

what do you mean "in the rare instance"??? They were all better. Plus I got the titanic memorial one ;)

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2003 at 8:45 PM

I love this city and had a great time visiting here in August 2002. Being a big Beatles fan it was like a pilgrimage for me. Interesting reading about it from a non Beatles fan.

• Mickos's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2003 at 2:09 PM

might get a prem club in the cup next year with a bit of luck

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2003 at 12:29 PM

Mmm, this looks like my kind of city. Need to visit it one day with some guide from Darlington ;-)

• May 18, 2003 at 9:46 AM

Have intended to go to Liverpool for years now - will use this brill info for a tour when I do!

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2003 at 2:47 AM

Great walk through Liverpool. Seems you had a great time together with your VT friends in Liverpool. Well done, Steve

steventilly

“... Dreaming Of Islands ...”

Badges & Stats in Liverpool

Have you been to Liverpool?

Latest Activity in Liverpool