"Middlesbrough" Middlesbrough by steventilly
Middlesbrough Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 369 photos
Middlesbrough lies at the centre of the urban and industrial sprawl that is know generally as Teesside and includes the towns of Middlesbrough, Stockton, Thornaby, and Billingham, and to an extent Hartlepool and Redcar.
Teesside is an industrial area, based mainly on Steel, Shipbuilding and Chemicals, three industries that have gone into varying degrees of decline in the past few decades.
There's very little that's "pretty" in any of the main towns on Teesside, the view in this picture is the first thing most visitors to Middlesbrough will see as they approach the town!
If you're fascinated by industrial architecture, then there's plenty to see in and around the towns of Teesside. Two of Middlesbrough's neighbours, Darlington and Stockton were the birthplace of the railways.
If you want something more picturesque then you just leave the towns and head out into the surrounding countryside - then there's plenty to see. It's amazing how such lovely villages can exist so close to all of this industry. Places around Middlesbrough that are worth a visit include Whitby, Yarm, Great Ayton, Osmotherley and Swainby. In addition, the Cleveland Hills are only a stones throw away and offer some great walking.
join a Gym. Teesside is packed with Gyms, they're springing up everywhere, and the David Lloyd Club is the biggest and... more travel advice
The Transporter Bridge is Middlesbrough's most famous landmark an justifiably so. It's a magnificent structure, designed... more travel advice
- See All Stoppers Cafe.
- See All Middlesbrough is twinned with...
- See All Just a few miles away you can...
- See All Yarm
steventilly's Related Pages
Middlesbrough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'You're Just A Small Town On Teesside'"
- "Keeweechic's Middlesbrough"
- "It aint just about 'The Boro'!"
- "some interesting stuff in Middlesbrough"
- "Whitby on the North Sea"
- "Middlesbrough: Bridges and Bridges"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Middlesbrough
- Hotels in Middlesbrough
- Transportation in Middlesbrough
- Nightlife in Middlesbrough
- Restaurants in Middlesbrough
- Shopping in Middlesbrough
- Warnings and Dangers in Middlesbrough
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Middlesbrough
- 34 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 79 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Middlesbrough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Middlesbrough
Photos in MiddlesbroughSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (28)
Latest Middlesbrough hotel reviews
- Premier Inn Middlesbrough
- 232 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Thistle Middlesbrough
- 234 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Best Western Highfield Hotel
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Marton Hotel & Country Club
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Hotel Baltimore
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013