Saltaire Shopping Tips by steventilly
Saltaire Shopping: 3 reviews and 3 photos
When Saltaire festival is on (see elsewhere) the main street (Victoria Road) is lined with stalls selling all sorts of craft goods, both edible and inedible.
What to buy: We bought loads of dried fruits to make special museli with, and a selection of goodies from this, a stall selling traditional Greek cakes!
Directions: The upper part of Victoria Road
Inside Salt's Mill
Set inside the main floor of the mill the shops are in huge rooms that are almost cathedral in size. It gives them a very spacious feel and you can browse both shops for ages.
What to buy: The bookshop has a nice range of books, a lot of them concerned with art and architecture, and quite a selection of children's books too.
The homeshop sells mainly kitchenware and furniture, but other "home" goods too. They're all very nice, but rather swanky and expensive and signs warning "do not touch" are everywhere. It's wise to take note of them, as some of the most innocuous looking things are very pricey, and you really wouldn't want to break them!
Address: Salt's Mill, Saltaire, Shipley, BD18 3LB
More Reviews (32)
- See All Bingley Locks
- See All River Bus
- See All Riverboat Festival
- Beer Festival
steventilly's Related Pages
Saltaire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saltaire - Model Village"
- "Saltaire - UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "Saltaire - model town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saltaire
- Hotels in Saltaire
- Transportation in Saltaire
- Nightlife in Saltaire
- Restaurants in Saltaire
- Shopping in Saltaire
- Warnings and Dangers in Saltaire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saltaire
- 34 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Saltaire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saltaire
Photos in SaltaireSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues