Minorca Island Restaurant Tips by steventilly Top 5 Page for this destination
Minorca Island Restaurants: 16 reviews and 25 photos
Tapas at Pasarela
A nice place on the harbourside at Mahon, on the way along to the gin distillery. Lots of outside tables and the usual un-rushed (i.e. slow, but fine if you're in no hurry) service. A bonus for wife was the gang of port police who came here for their lunches, all tans and designer shades.
Favorite Dish: All in all we found Menorca to be a difficult place for vegetarians. To be fair, we'd already read about that and were expecting it, it's just that really we were hoping the warnings were exaggerated. They weren’t. In most places there were only one or maybe two tapas dishes we could have (the ubiquitous "Russian salad") and no main courses. That's not really enough for a meal.
Pasarela was the only place we found that had more than 4 dishes (exluding russian salad) that we could have, even if two of them were cheese and three of them potatoes.
We had Papas Bravas (superb, really delicious sauce with whole hunks of chilli in); Queso de Mahon; Camanbert and Tortilla Espanol. We could have had Russian salad, papas fritas and papas err "in garlic" (I forget the Spanish for that)l too.
It was lovely, as was the atmosphere and as one of our last meals on the island it rounded off a perfect holiday.
Address: Anden de Poniente 26
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the harbour side. Go down the big steps, turn left and keep walking. One of the last places in a long row of eateries.
Price: less than US$10
Mirador Restaurant, Cala Santa Galdana
There can hardly be a restaurant on Menorca with a better view than this one, perched on a rocky headland jutting out into the bay at Cala Galdana. It's open for drinks, snacks and light meals during the day and full dinner in the evening. We were there during the day, so we didn't sample its menu, though there were some veggie options that appealed to us.
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (45)
steventilly's Related Pages
Minorca Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!"
- ""Cala n Bosc""
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "A little island with loads of history"
- "The Balearic Boomerang"
- "Menorca - A fascinating island in the Balearics"
- "Family Fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minorca Island
- Hotels in Minorca Island
- Transportation in Minorca Island
- Nightlife in Minorca Island
- Restaurants in Minorca Island
- Shopping in Minorca Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Minorca Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ko Luam Hotels
- El Chilillo Hotels
- Praia de Mira
- Chianciano Terme
- Alnwick Hotels
- Carriedo Hotels
Badges & Stats in Minorca Island
- 47 Reviews
- 188 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Minorca Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minorca Island
- Posted in Travel Naxos Island Forum "Re: Naxos in April"
- Commented on one of steveandmich's Minorca Island travel pages
- updated a Minorca Island Travel Page "Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!"
- Wrote a Review La Mola: Fun In Dark Passages in Minorca Island Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "La Mola: Fun In Dark Passages"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues