"Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!" Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island by steventilly
Minorca Island Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 610 photos
We maintained our love of islands by spending a week on Menorca, in Spain's Balearic islands. It has (apparently) more beaches than the rest of the Balearic's put together and yet remains a quiet backwater in comparison to Ibiza and Mallorca. It lacks the frenetic nightlife of those places, but if that's not your scene anyway then Menorca's the place for you.
We were lucky enough (we didn't plan it that way) to be there during the Mahon fiesta. We're so glad to have seen this spectacle, our first proper Spanish Fiesta.
The beaches are pure white sand and the seas crystal clear turquoise. Most of the bays are ideal for swimming and some are especially good for children and families. Generally the bays are backed or surrounded by forests or shrubs, adding a lovely touch of greenery that really sets off the colours of the sand and sea.
As well as sun, sea and scenery Menorca has a lot of history, going way back in fact to pre-history! Menorca has quite a few monuments that are unique to it and which are quite fascinating. It also has a host of forts and fortifications, most notably around Mahon, and some lovely old cities. In fact its old capital, Ciutadella, is one of the most lovely cities we've ever visited.
- Pros:Sun, Sea, Sand, History, Peace, Quiet
- Cons:No Great Variety Of Veggie Food
- In a nutshell:Absolutely Perfect Holiday Destination
This is the oldest roofed building in all of Spain and must surely be one of the oldest in Europe, dating as it does... more travel advice
steventilly's Related Pages
Minorca Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!"
- ""Cala n Bosc""
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "A little island with loads of history"
- "The Balearic Boomerang"
- "Menorca - A fascinating island in the Balearics"
- "Family Fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minorca Island
- Hotels in Minorca Island
- Transportation in Minorca Island
- Nightlife in Minorca Island
- Restaurants in Minorca Island
- Shopping in Minorca Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Minorca Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minorca Island
- 47 Reviews
- 188 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Minorca Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minorca Island
- Posted in Travel Naxos Island Forum "Re: Naxos in April"
- Commented on one of steveandmich's Minorca Island travel pages
- updated a Minorca Island Travel Page "Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!"
- Wrote a Review La Mola: Fun In Dark Passages in Minorca Island Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "La Mola: Fun In Dark Passages"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues