"Tenerife - Island Of Surprises" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife by steventilly

Isla de Tenerife Travel Guide: 1,422 reviews and 3,056 photos

We went to Tenerife because we have to take two weeks holiday before April and The Canaries are the nearest place you can get to that can guarantee a bit of sun and warmth at that time of year. We didn't have much expectations of the place above and beyond that, and thought that once we had been that would be it and next year we'd try Lanzerote or Gran Canaria or something.
We were surprised though - greatly so. Tenerife was way, way better than we imagined. All we'd really heard about was Las Americas and the nightlife there, and that it was a bit tatty, seedy and ugly. Well, the Veronicas area was a bit like that (but not as bad as was painted) but that is only a small part of Las Americas, and Las Americas is only a small part of this island.
What we saw, in terms of the natural beauty of the island, the history, and even the so-called "ugly" tourist developments really impressed us and we think we will become regular visitors in the future.
And really, there is something there to satisfy the whole family - we thought it was a great place to take kids and a great place for the elderly and disabled - the whole Las Americas area promenade from Los Cristianos to Caletta is wheelchair accessible.

• Pros:Sun, Warmth, Plenty to See, Plenty to Do
  • Cons:None
  • In a nutshell:Great Destination For All The Family
  • Last visit to Isla de Tenerife: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2005

• Apr 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM

just got back from tenerife on 6th April 2011 spent 2 nights in the castle pub food v good drinks v good but the 2 guitarists were out of this world best in tenerife Rob&Sue

• Turska's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Interesting to see that there is much more than boring beaches at Tenerife. We are thinking should we go there to see the sun in march-when it´s freezing in Finland!

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2009 at 11:27 PM

It has been suggested we stay at Semiramis or Maritim but somehow I fancied something not so resort like and in town. what do you think?

• laughingsun69's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Great pages you have here , i like your very detailed tips and descriptions , you paint a great picture , cheers ;) 1 euro a pint who can resist that :)

• Dec 20, 2007 at 1:14 AM

Thats cool! Is it made from Chocolate?:)

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 12:56 AM

Great page with plenty of good info. I've saved a lot of your tips for my DIY guide. I'm headed to Tenerife in mid August, really looking forward to it.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2006 at 11:07 AM

Didn't know about the pyramids. LOL like the choc bench..and I see you found the cakes...mmm banana liquer is good over ice-cream

• Birsen's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2005 at 3:32 PM

Hi Steve! Great pages about Tenerife. I moved to Gran Canaria but my husbands half family from Tenerife . So visit the isla a lot. Thanks for tips!

• Bigs's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 1:24 AM

I just wonder how cake can be a light lunch? :)

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 4:57 AM

Great information Steve!! Loved the pics too. We now share two favourite holiday destinations!! Marion.

steventilly

“... Dreaming Of Islands ...”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Tenerife

Have you been to Isla de Tenerife?

Latest Activity in Isla de Tenerife