"Maltese Memories" Top 5 Page for this destination Malta by steventilly
Malta Travel Guide: 5,670 reviews and 13,623 photos
I had a fantastic week in Malta. I had been told that it is a place that you either love or hate, and I'm happy to say that I loved it. The weather was perfect; the seas were so clear and blue and fantastic for swimming in; the history and the architecture in the towns is delightful; the food was superb and finally the people were so warm and so friendly. All in all I couldn't have asked for more from a holiday destination, and really look forward to returning someday.
The weather during our visit was almost perfect - blue skies and sunshine for almost the whole time, which was ideal for seeing places like Marsaxlokk where the colours of the sea, sky and the boats in the harbour make for a really beautiful view.
The time of year that we went (early June) is not quite the busy season, so everything still seemed quite relaxed compared to how it might be in July and August. It was also not quite so hot (though still +/- 30c), which is a godsend when you want to do as much sightseeing as I like to do.
One of the things that we enjoyed most about our visit was the great meals we had - most of them accompanied by stupendous views. Cafes that we visited in Valletta, Spinola Bay, Mdina and Marsaxlokk all came with views to die for. Back home, a view like that would double the price of the food - in Malta the prices were always reasonable (dare I say cheap) and the quality of the food on offer was superb.
I hope you enjoy visiting my pages as much as I enjoyed visiting Malta.
- Pros:Sun, Sea, Food, People, History
- Cons:Indiscriminate Building
- In a nutshell:Superb Holiday Destination
Kinnie is the soft drink of choice on Malta – or it should be, don’t buy the Coca-Cola company’s rival Krest . Kinnie is... more travel advice
Many of the traditional Maltese fishing boats - Luzzos - are painted with The Eye Of Osiris. Osiris was an egyptian god,... more travel advice
- See All Nostalgiac Spot
- Market Vans
- See All Oh...
- See All Floodlit Bocci
steventilly's Related Pages
Malta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Second Home"
- "Maltese Memories"
- "Malta - my home"
- "REPUBLIC OF MALTA"
- "Maltese- Deep Down"
- "Malta - My Home from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malta
- Hotels in Malta
- Transportation in Malta
- Nightlife in Malta
- Restaurants in Malta
- Shopping in Malta
- Warnings and Dangers in Malta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malta
- 405 Reviews
- 513 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Malta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malta
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues