"Maltese Memories" Top 5 Page for this destination Malta by steventilly

Malta Travel Guide: 5,601 reviews and 13,392 photos

Fun In The Sun

I had a fantastic week in Malta. I had been told that it is a place that you either love or hate, and I'm happy to say that I loved it. The weather was perfect; the seas were so clear and blue and fantastic for swimming in; the history and the architecture in the towns is delightful; the food was superb and finally the people were so warm and so friendly. All in all I couldn't have asked for more from a holiday destination, and really look forward to returning someday.

The weather during our visit was almost perfect - blue skies and sunshine for almost the whole time, which was ideal for seeing places like Marsaxlokk where the colours of the sea, sky and the boats in the harbour make for a really beautiful view.
The time of year that we went (early June) is not quite the busy season, so everything still seemed quite relaxed compared to how it might be in July and August. It was also not quite so hot (though still +/- 30c), which is a godsend when you want to do as much sightseeing as I like to do.

One of the things that we enjoyed most about our visit was the great meals we had - most of them accompanied by stupendous views. Cafes that we visited in Valletta, Spinola Bay, Mdina and Marsaxlokk all came with views to die for. Back home, a view like that would double the price of the food - in Malta the prices were always reasonable (dare I say cheap) and the quality of the food on offer was superb.

I hope you enjoy visiting my pages as much as I enjoyed visiting Malta.

• Pros:Sun, Sea, Food, People, History
  • Cons:Indiscriminate Building
  • In a nutshell:Superb Holiday Destination
  • Last visit to Malta: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2003

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Steve, fabulous page with brilliant photos here. We are thinking about visiting Malta in November.

• MariePisces's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 3:31 AM

Thanks for your pages it's really good :D I'd love to live in Malta but, I love green and trees and stuff, there doesn't seem to be many there lol.

• Aug 10, 2007 at 5:28 AM

Hi, Just want to say thankyou for such an informative page! I enjoyed looking around your Malta pics and hearing what you had to say. I am going in two weeks and don't know too much about the islands, thanks to you I am now sooooooo excited! Wendy :)

• Jun 23, 2007 at 1:25 PM

Thanks leaving for Malta Tuesday your tips etc more usefull than any of the other literature i've seen

• 1courage's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2006 at 10:53 AM

Fantastic page of a breathtagingly beautyful City. And all these churches! If the weather is allways like this, maybe I should start thinking to move there:)) (the winter`s approching relentlessly:) )

• miman's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 10:00 AM

Beautiful pages about Malta. Nice tips and fabulous pictures. Thank you.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2006 at 4:55 PM

Beautiful....I love those boats...the colors...the stone work. Good job.

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 11:30 AM

Very enjoyable page with great information & great photos! Well done!

• yurxlnc's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 1:00 PM

This looks like a place iI just have to visit. Your photos are stunning.

• daryll's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 3:02 AM

I loved Malta, and will love to go again...

steventilly

“... Dreaming Of Islands ...”

Badges & Stats in Malta